• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Celtics advance, T-Wolves survive for now

How the hell do you call that Jaylen kick on Garland? Cavs shouldn't have to challenge that. That's just so bad.

want Cleveland but seeing these kinda soft Celtics play in MSG would be fun

gotta get rid of these donk Pacers and get OG healthy

having Bronny in this draft is basically asking who wants to draft LeBron (probably?) which is kinda interesting. Where will 40 yo LBJ get drafted this year?

bron to the wiz with the 26

bron helps do what mj couldn't

just the combine but bronny looks like he might be a really solid role player, he had the second most threes of anyone and is really good athletically. i saw a gary payton ii comp that seemed pretty reasonable.
This is why every draft has ridiculously stupid picks. People will value workout results, of not actually playing basketball, over years (and in Bronny's case 10+ years) of contrary evidence that occurred in actual legitimate basketball games against decent competition.

Who cares how many threes a guy can hit with no defense? Ever watch NBA warmups - all those guys can hit a high percentage of 3s. Making them with a 6'8" dude chasing you around and having a split second to receive, balance, and shoot over/around him with thousands of people watching is a completely different task. Good God man, I think James Bouknight hit like 90% in that useless drill (and as per usual, the Hornets fell for it).

Bronny has been filmed playing basketball his entire life. Other than who his dad is, there is virtually nothing about his ability playing in legitimate basketball games that has indicated he is an NBA-caliber player. Going off of a workout to trump all of that relevant evidence is asinine.

might be a good time to bump 2&2's pre-draft analysis of Brandon Miller
Brandon Miller was always going to be a top-5 pick. Where he fell from picks 2-5 was up for reasonable debate and is pretty nuanced at that level of splitting hairs. I am glad the Hornets chose better than I would have with Scoot.

That is wholly different than as to whether Bronny should even be in the league. Injury/illness aside, he sucked ass at the college level.

Boston has been playing with its food. Let Miami without Butler get a game and only beat the Mitchell-less Cavs by single digits. And now they'll face a depleted Knick team or a so-so Indiana team. Gotta be the easiest path to the finals in forever.

Actually one of the knocks on Bronny is that he's not very athletic. Every time I saw that said about him by a scout it always surprised me and it made me think dang Bronny's mom must be super clumsy and unathletic.

I know a guy that married a woman and major factors were that she was athletic and big (she's over 6ft) because he wanted to have stud athlete kids someday. And it worked and one of his kids was a Wake football player and all 3 of his sons played college sports on scholarships. Lebron should have thought ahead.

much is made of how banged up luka, but a lot of the times 1) luka is falling trying to get a call and/or showing not good balance and 2) he's bad at falling well -- just eats it each time; falling well is a skill

Bronny measured 6'1.5 at combine....that's not going to help.

The Golden State Valkyries is a pretty cool name.

GNik2hIXEAA-mj_

Back