• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Celtics advance, T-Wolves survive for now

speaking of big dudes what's up with Rik Smits rebounding numbers?

12 seasons in the NBA as a 7'4 dude starting most games and his highest season average is 7.7??

Edey's stock is gonna rise imo bc he looked really good in those drill videos. Everybody knows that he can play, but he was hitting 35 footers and looking solid in agility drills. that's a difference maker.

But again, why is that the difference maker for him? There are 9 other guys on every NBA team who can jack 35 footers. I would hope like hell that nobody is drafting Zach Edey to shoot 35 footers. Why does that ability, or lack thereof, matter for him? There is years and years of game footage showing how he can play when utilized correctly. Which is not taking 3s.

You plant his ass under the basket and pass him the ball every time down the court. Then hell, leave him down there and play 4 on 5 on defense, as chances are the other team will just kick it out for a clanked 3 anyway.

speaking of big dudes what's up with Rik Smits rebounding numbers?

12 seasons in the NBA as a 7'4 dude starting most games and his highest season average is 7.7??

Look up Antonio Davis and Dale Davis rebounding stats. Smits played on some really tall teams where there were 4 guys 6-6 or taller at all times.

I looked up and it was 74-64. Then I went back to working on something. I looked back up and it was 84-64.

I wish we could've fast forwarded the last quarter-plus of this game and started Nuggets-Wolves an hour earlier. No way I'm gonna be able to stay awake.

What's up with Haliburton? Has these weird games where he's just completely passive.

kinda funny how the broadcast acts like Finch just isn't there any more because he's seated all game

Reviews/challenges/ref tomfoolery is so tedious. I know we want correct calls but damn
I've never understood why they don't just have a replay ref in Secaucus make the call and send it in. Who cares if the refs on the court watch it again? Just get a second opinion and move on.

I mean he had barely even collected and controlled the ball in his hand before chucking it. Just insane

That 2nd half is staying on the DVR for future viewings. Hoo-wee.

Last edited:
Back