• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Games 3 and 4 weekend (8 games)

Team USA for the 2024 Olympics

The team is pretty old but should be the gold medal favorites. The host country should be right behind them. Just checked and our old friend Jaylen Hoard is currently on the French national team. There are no NBA players on it and he's the 3rd C, so he probably won't make the Olympic roster.

In coaching news, the Nets are hiring Kings assistant Jordi Fernandez.
Kawhi got the last spot.

Pelicans out there embarrassing themselves.

everyone but Zion at least. seems like they should just give him the ball every time

Yeah. Should have clarified. He's doing well.

By the way, games played this season:

Zion - 70
Wemby - 71
Chet - 82

Glad we don't need to worry about the durability of these young stars.

I will never understand -- everybody saw Alvarado limping around and they go to... the opposite side of the floor? attack that man

I'm sure Lebron was shaking his head at Trey Murphy nailing that 2-for-1 deep 3 with 33 seconds left.

“You know one thing that kills me JJ in our league. I’ma tell you what kills me. The 2-for-1 shot at the end of quarters […] I understand why the 2-for-1 is important. Obviously it’s numbers, you get two possessions, the other team gets one possession, in theory it’s a free shot. But what people don’t sometimes account for, the four or five possessions before that.
“Are we on a run? Are we on a heater? Have we gotten a good shot over the last two-and-a-half minutes? What is the other team doing? Are they in a great rhythm? If we haven’t gotten a great shot in two-and-a-half or three minutes and we’ve been turning the ball over, why am I just gonna dribble down and shoot a 40-footer with 33 on the clock. Why not get a great look? Cuz that great look at the end of the third, even if we get one shot, may give us momentum going into the fourth quarter.”

well the Pellies can definitely win this game going into the 4th

Business is picking up.

it was super ugly til Zion got back in but now they are knocking on the door

Zion with 40 points. It's a career high points in a game in which the stats don't count.

Yeah. Should have clarified. He's doing well.

By the way, games played this season:

Zion - 70
Wemby - 71
Chet - 82

Glad we don't need to worry about the durability of these young stars.
you cursed him

Weird to see him walk off in anger and in pain, but not visibly limping. Wonder what it could be

Zion going down is such a bummer

p crazy no McCollum and no Ingram in crunch time if not for the injury

not sure if it’s the production or the crowd but it feels pretty quiet given the moment

The crowd seems on edge. They're loud for the game tying buckets. Then their fingernails go back in their mouths.

Can't believe Alvarado just gave up that layup.

I'm considering picking a team to follow for the playoffs. Not a front runner situation. Just want to follow some play off basketball.

nba thread. Make your case for a fun follow. Pretty please.

Back