• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Cavs/Magic and Clips/Mavs Game 6

Shaq had two triple doubles in his career. No one would think he ever had a 20/20/10 playoff game.

Playoff Jamal Murray is one of the most exciting players to ever do it.

LOL at AD. Back up your talk:

Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis has thrown in the towel on ever being recognized as the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year.

"I'll never get it," he said to ESPN's Dave McMenamin. "They're not giving it to me. The league doesn't like me. I'm the best defensive player in the league. I can switch 1 through 5. I can guard the pick-and-roll the best in the league, from a big standpoint. I block shots. I rebound.

"I don't know what else to do. I'm over it. I'm just going to do what I got to do to help the team win and try to play for a championship. Accolades and individual awards, I'm done with those."

I got a text within a minute of that shot from all my friends I knew could be up watching tonight.

I'd still like a better explanation of the overturned Lowry foul. Other than that he is Kyle Lowry so never committed a foul. They said he first knocked the ball loose so his subsequent contact to the shoulders, arms, head, neck, toreso, etc. was not a foul. So as long as you knock the ball loose first, you can punch someone in the face? Since when is that the rule? I honestly think reviews have somehow made officiating worse.

And I hated the mofo as a player, but I would love JJ Redick as the Hornets head coach. We've spent decades hiring experienced assistants and retreads, all who have failed spectacularly. What is there to lose with this? Obviously his basketball IQ is off the charts, especially regarding the modern game. If he succeeds then he is here for a long time; if he fails then it is probably the same result as whatever other coach we'd hire. But at least there would be some relevancy attached to the franchise in the interim.

I'd still like a better explanation of the overturned Lowry foul. Other than that he is Kyle Lowry so never committed a foul. They said he first knocked the ball loose so his subsequent contact to the shoulders, arms, head, neck, toreso, etc. was not a foul. So as long as you knock the ball loose first, you can punch someone in the face? Since when is that the rule? I honestly think reviews have somehow made officiating worse.

And I hated the mofo as a player, but I would love JJ Redick as the Hornets head coach. We've spent decades hiring experienced assistants and retreads, all who have failed spectacularly. What is there to lose with this? Obviously his basketball IQ is off the charts, especially regarding the modern game. If he succeeds then he is here for a long time; if he fails then it is probably the same result as whatever other coach we'd hire. But at least there would be some relevancy attached to the franchise in the interim.
Agree on both counts.

Hornets have zero relevancy. They need both to start winning and to start mattering. Hiring Redick would at least mean they would start mattering. MJ's ownership was supposed to lead to the mattering part, but it never did.

I want the Hornets to hire Redick just because of how much it will piss off all Tarholes around here. I've already heard the "I won't go to another game" and " I will cancel my season tix" blah blah.

bummed neither of the road teams got the W last night

feel like the Knicks and certainly the Nuggets were inevitable series winners anyways, but now it feels over instead of kinda exciting

I saw the NHL home teams started 8-0 as well.

People freak out over 2-0 leads. It would have been nice for the Sixers to steal a game but they still have the best player on the court. And frankly their second player isn’t that far behind the Knicks’ best player.

The Lakers are done though. MVP Jokic and Playoff Murray is just too much.

my NBA hater friend is also a NY guy so I text about the Knicks and his only comment was “I watched the replay of the end, Embiid plays no defense and only takes 7 steps”

I’m sad I fell asleep at halftime of the Nuggets game. Jamal Murray is nuts. AD looking unstoppable, KING JAMES with the WIDE OPEN three at the end. Great game.

86dab1d9ab83b7e3bc480fafa178a8bd.jpg

Murray had a couple of rough moments on the receiving end of Lebron dominance... a Lebron block of his dunk, and nearly a Lebron posterizing jam. But in the end he got the last laugh.

Back