• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Pivotal Game 5; Celtics advance to 6th ECF in 8 years

I remembered I discussed the Big 3 ---> Core Four transition last year about this time.
No question. Back in the day, we kids could dream but we could never be like Mike. But a kid who works hard enough could be like Steph at their level.

Another big change the Warriors (and maybe the Spurs) should get credit for is moving from the Big 3 era to the Core Four era. Instead of three stars and role (i.e. Lebron/Wade/Bosh, Duncan/Parker/Manu, Billups/Rip/Ben Wallace), now teams need a dependable core four that don't all need to be elite players but at least one elite player and three top 40-50 or so players. It helps keep a top 3 on the court at all times and accounts for aging stars who maybe can't be a top 2 but can be a 4th player.

The Kings have a young core four that should improve. The Nuggets core four is finally healthy. The Suns traded their 4th in Bridges to get KD so Ayton or Paul wouldn't haven't to be in the top 2. Maxey and Harris are part of the Sixers four.
Going forward, I think the question is how good your elite player needs to be and how good your #2 player needs to be. For example, Jokic is the best player in the league. But does a team with a #2 who is also elite help trump the Jokic advantage? How about a team with a better than usual #4 and #5 player? As far as this playoffs, how good do KAT, Gobert, and Conley/Reid need to be to overcome the Jokic advantage over Ant? How good are Chet/Williams/Giddey behind SGA? Do the Mavs have an edge with Kyrie as their #2 (if you think he's a better #2 than Murray or KAT)?

Bobby Portis vs. James Johnson would be pretty entertaining, but I think only one of them leaves the octagon alive

I don't have any data, but I'm guessing a rather large number of Philly first responders are Knicks fans. Probably a larger percentage than plenty of other professions.

The Sixers were unloading lower bowl tickets for some stupid low price like $100 each but you needed a PA, DE, or NJ address to buy them. It's not like 4.5 million people live in the northern most counties of NJ or anything.

The Sixers were unloading lower bowl tickets for some stupid low price like $100 each but you needed a PA, DE, or NJ address to buy them. It's not like 4.5 million people live in the northern most counties of NJ or anything.

That's hilarious.

The best way to keep tickets out of the hands of Knicks fans is to have better fans.

I guess the Sixers figured out that FTs count in the first half, too. Brilliant.

What a wild game. Went out to dinner after the 1Q and sixers down 20, can’t wait to get back home and replay and see how they’re up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna be weird when embiid is eliminated by the knicks and then requests a trade to the knicks

It's gonna be weird when embiid is eliminated by the knicks and then requests a trade to the knicks
Maybe Embiid is the KD of his generation.

Back