• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. One more draft day. Which Teams Find Winning "Lottery Tickets? "

Wow, didn't see a Pickett trade happening. I thought it was going to be a competition like they said. And the Steelers aren't drafting high enough to be in the McCarthy or even Penix sweepstakes. So they have Wilson on a 1 year rental and Tonlin on an expiring contract. I don't see their end game. Maybe add Fields to compete so they can have 2 QBs who don't get the ball out of their hands on time? Meanwhile, Howie gets a good #2 QB for a pick swap and 2 7s. And meanwhile part deux, that 2022 QB draft class might be the worst QB class of all time with only Howell, and to a lesser extent Zappe, showing any promise.

Fields is going to thrive with Omar Epps. Happy for H1M. Would’ve loved to see him with the weapons Caleb Williams will have

I guess the Bears did so well they could afford to give up Fields for nothing.

Here’s the other thing. Ryan Piles told Fields he’d do whatever he could to do right by him. Sending him to Pitt is clearly a good situation for Fields. He has a legit shot to beat out Russ at some point. So that could have impacted how much they got for him

Williams is a head case but he is a damn good QB

Rumor is eagles offered Bears a 2024 3rd for Fields. Essentially what they gave Steelers for Pickett. Poles had committed to “doing right” by Fields and wouldn’t send him to a place he couldn’t compete.

That’s wild…

And then the Steelers said that Fields won't be competing for the starting job this season.

That just means it's Wilson's job to lose, and he'll start preseason as the #1. Which means if he plays like he has the last few years, he could well lose it. I think Fields is starting by midseason.

Sourced info on Poles passing on more compensation to give Fields a better opportunity. That’s a class move. Lotta respect for him doing that.

The Bears had an additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter, per a source, but chose to send Fields to Pittsburgh with the hope of putting the 25-year-old in a position to continue his development -- first as a backup to Wilson and eventually as a starter.

In Indianapolis, Bears GM Ryan Poles said he wanted to "do right" by Fields, which included not keeping him on a team with a rookie and finding a spot where he could continue developing. In Pittsburgh, Fields will have that chance.

Back