• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spurs Thread - Wemby for ROY and DPOY?

Three 20/10 games tonight by Sochan, Vic, and Keldon.

Sochan was really good tonight. 31 and 14. Very active. 4-7 from deep. He and Vic are starting to develop some nice chemistry. Crazy stat. Sochan is younger than Brandon Miller and the Thompson twins. Sochan turns 21 in May. Miller is 21 and the Thompson twins turn 21 on Tuesday.

Keldon had 21 and 16. He's really good off the bench.

Wesley had 8 assists off the bench. Branham didn't play at all.

I've seen chatter about the Spurs trading for Anfernee Simons and I'm all for it. He was excellent tonight.

Last edited:
Wemby played his first back-to-back in a month. Dominick Barlow is back and was the first C off the bench. Collins is out. He has been underwhelming the last few games. Wouldn't mind trading Collins and upgrading Barlow to a regular contract and opening up another two-way spot.

Last edited:
Big win over the T-Wolves. They started up but got behind when Wemby went out in the 1st. The backups were solid after that and didn't lose ground and actually made up ground in the 4th quarter. Then they took the lead when Wemby came back in. Barlow was good off the bench. Jones was fantastic with 11 assists. He and Wesley combined for 14 ast and 2 to. Sochan struggled but made some nice plays down the stretch. Wemby played 30 minutes in his first second half of a back to back in a month.

The Spurs are tied with the Hornets for the 3rd worst record in the league. If the Spurs played .500 ball the rest of the season and the rest of the league stayed about where they are now, the Spurs would only improve to the 5th worst record with a good shot at taking the Raptors' pick if they end up out of the top 6.

Last edited:
I'm watching a lot of spurs games differently. Fewer full games at once and more chunks here and there when I can.

And underrated storyline is the pop "letting wemby play" to see what his tendencies' instincts etc are. What is fun are those "Manu moments" when wemby does something unexpectedly bonkers and they show pop just shake his head like "I used to get pissed at Manu for that but I'm older and wiser and will appreciate it and move on."

So the other night Lamelo and cam Whitmore went at each other and cam called him soft and lamelo took exception to that. The next night lamelo sits out the second game of a back to back because of ankle soreness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there really rumors that the spurs want Tyus Jones? That's such a small and boring step up.

Yeah. Been hearing that for awhile. He's a small upgrade over Tre and Tre is probably on track to reach where Tyus is soon enough. I'm not sure how many vet PGs are gettable. But if Tyus is the best one, they're better off sticking with Tre and Wesley and seeing who is available in the offseason. I'd much rather build around a vet PG than a rookie. They need to get a vet PG. If they draft Nikola Topic and he's the next Luka, then sure trade the vet. But until that happens, not adding a vet PG stunts Vic's growth.

Do I want a starting pg in the worst way? Yes. Yes I do.

Was hoping that would be part of a Jalen Smith deal.

Sochan to replace injured Shaedon Sharpe in the Rising Stars game. He'll be on Jalen Rose's team.

1. Chet Holmgren, Oklahoma City Thunder
  2. Jalen Williams, Oklahoma City Thunder
  3. Bennedict Mathurin, Indiana Pacers
  4. Shaedon Sharpe, Portland Trail Blazers
  5. Dereck Lively II, Dallas Mavericks
  6. Jordan Hawkins, New Orleans Pelicans
  7. Walker Kessler, Utah Jazz

Sochan to replace injured Shaedon Sharpe in the Rising Stars game. He'll be on Jalen Rose's team.

1. Chet Holmgren, Oklahoma City Thunder
  2. Jalen Williams, Oklahoma City Thunder
  3. Bennedict Mathurin, Indiana Pacers
  4. Shaedon Sharpe, Portland Trail Blazers
  5. Dereck Lively II, Dallas Mavericks
  6. Jordan Hawkins, New Orleans Pelicans
  7. Walker Kessler, Utah Jazz
So Lively got out of Durham quickly enough to actually be good in the NBA?

Wemby's evolution will be fascinating.

Which Bingo do you think Wemby completes first? I'm thinking fifth column.

I love this kid so much. Look at the smile on Robinson's face.

Last edited:
I was at the game tonight. Wemby is truly a unicorn. Every time he touched the ball, you could feel the entire arena lean forward in anticipation. And his 4th quarter was something special. My ears are still ringing with how loud it was.
Also props to Devin, he had a hell of a game. Played with zero fear and full confidence.

Back