• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: #6 Wake Men Finish Team Season in the Final Four

A terrific season. Surpassed all expectations. Bresky’s best coaching yet. Even better than 2018.
Absolutely fantastic season, and very unexpected. In terms of seasons, I would rate Bresky's coaching as follows:

1. 2018. National outdoor champs, national indoor champs, ACC regular season and tournament champs, and individual champ. Tons of pressure to perform well given we were hosting the national championships, and somehow we exceed expectations. It will be tough to top 2018 for me.
2. 2024. Unexpected. Lost a few key players, but just kept winning, Won a ton of close matches, and ended up beating Stanford and UVA to make the final 4. Very impressive.
3. 2013. Undermanned team. Got better as the year went on. Scored a super improbable comeback victory from 0-3 down against a top 10 Duke team in the ACC tournament. This is when it became clear that Bresky could develop championship level teams.
4. 2016. Won our first ACC tournament championship with a 7-6 third set win by Dennis Uspensky at 6 singles over a completely dominant UVA team.
5. 2019. Created a top-heavy team and went 34-4, won the ACC championship, and beat UVA and UNC in the NCAAs to make the championship match.

Absolutely fantastic season, and very unexpected. In terms of seasons, I would rate Bresky's coaching as follows:

1. 2018. National outdoor champs, national indoor champs, ACC regular season and tournament champs, and individual champ. Tons of pressure to perform well given we were hosting the national championships, and somehow we exceed expectations. It will be tough to top 2018 for me.
2. 2024. Unexpected. Lost a few key players, but just kept winning, Won a ton of close matches, and ended up beating Stanford and UVA to make the final 4. Very impressive.
3. 2013. Undermanned team. Got better as the year went on. Scored a super improbable comeback victory from 0-3 down against a top 10 Duke team in the ACC tournament. This is when it became clear that Bresky could develop championship level teams.
4. 2016. Won our first ACC tournament championship with a 7-6 third set win by Dennis Uspensky at 6 singles over a completely dominant UVA team.
5. 2019. Created a top-heavy team and went 34-4, won the ACC championship, and beat UVA and UNC in the NCAAs to make the championship match.
I’m biased, but that 2013 team is one of my favorites ever. So many good guys on that team.

The Duke match was epic. We came back from 3-0 down and won when Duke’s Michael Redlicki, one of the all-time worst guys in college tennis, got a game penalty in the third set tiebreak against Amogh Prabhakar, one of the all-time good guys in college tennis

Back