• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women finish 9th and Men 16th

It’s College Athlete Day. It looks like it’s for NCAA champs across divisions except for FBS football and D-1 men’s and women’s basketball.

It’s College Athlete Day. It looks like it’s for NCAA champs across divisions except for FBS football and D-1 men’s and women’s basketball.
so I guess the baseball (and softball?) teams get their own visits?

so I guess the baseball (and softball?) teams get their own visits?
No idea. My guess is they don't or they get invited for the next College Athlete Day unless they're playing.

Here's an explanation of which sports teams get to visit.

Kyle Reifers made it through Monday Qualifying for the Travelers in a playoff. Designated event and he only has one start this year (a missed cut), would be great if he could make the weekend.

Kyle Reifers made it through Monday Qualifying for the Travelers in a playoff. Designated event and he only has one start this year (a missed cut), would be great if he could make the weekend.
Is he on the Korn Ferry? Haven't heard about him in years it seems like.

Is he on the Korn Ferry? Haven't heard about him in years it seems like.
I don't know actually. Last year he had a ton of Korn Ferry starts but mostly missed cuts - I assume he lost his card since he has 2 starts total this year on either tour.

Riefers is not a regular on the KF Tour. He's played in two KF events in 2023: one in March and one two weeks ago. Just looked at Riefers bio, and he is now 39. Didn't realize he was pushing 40.

Age sneaks up on you.

For those of you who have seen more of our current women play than I have, who do you think has LPGA potential on the team? Kuehn just missed the cut last week in Michigan, so I'd assume her maybe, but was wondering about the others.

For those of you who have seen more of our current women play than I have, who do you think has LPGA potential on the team? Kuehn just missed the cut last week in Michigan, so I'd assume her maybe, but was wondering about the others.
I would think Chacarra as well. She's a rising junior but has been very solid. Pretty sure Migliaccio is doing Golf Channel or some sort of golf adjacent career, not LPGA.

Kuehn
Walsh
Chacarra

Rhodes could get there I think. Emilia has said she doesn't want to pursue professional golf.

Riefers is not a regular on the KF Tour. He's played in two KF events in 2023: one in March and one two weeks ago. Just looked at Riefers bio, and he is now 39. Didn't realize he was pushing 40.

Age sneaks up on you.
Sure but he played 22 KF events last year. Kyle dropping off the radar completely this year is definitely a new development. It was only 5 years ago that he had 4 top 25's in a PGA Tour season, probably rough to hit a career downturn right as COVID landed.

Reifers finished the second round @ -6. He's currently in 22nd place and will make the Travelers' cut. Will be Reifers first made cut since October 2021, and his second since 2019. He hasn't finished a PGA Event 22nd or higher since 2017. Kudos.

Started the day 3 off the cut line and made 9 birdies. What a great round for him. Awesome.

Back