• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I suspect we’ll be looking for a Carr backup as well even if we add a true center. At least someone who can stretch and give us minutes at the 4.

Spillers could fill that role as well I guess, but he isn’t going to be someone who stretches the floor. Very productive otherwise though.
I think the hurdle with Spillers is transferable credits.

Efton doesn’t really spread the floor. To be honest, I thought some of his greatest value came from volleying offensive rebounds back out. If one of these “Carr backups” can come in and do the same or just come down with them outright, then there is no need to have them anywhere but under/crashing the basket.

Efton doesn’t really spread the floor.
Meh, he didn't do a great job of it this season, but I do think that he has the capability. His FT% is great and his form from 3 looks good. I think he just started his season on a cold stretch from 3 and Forbes phased that out of the playbook for the most part beyond broken plays.

Imagine Andrew Carr getting to back his man to the basket without a center anywhere nearby because they have to guard Efton on the three point line. It would be great, and I think Efton has it in him.

I don’t think we need more than 2 Efton 3PA per game.

I’d like to see him working on finishing his post ups with dunks. He works and ends up with great position almost under the basket then does the baby hook. I feel like he could put his opponent in the rim way more than he chooses to.

I’d like to see him working on finishing his post ups with dunks. He works and ends up with great position almost under the basket then does the baby hook. I feel like he could put his opponent in the rim way more than he chooses to.

lol i'm not saying that i want it, but it's what's gonna happen if i had to guess. he clearly wants to have more of a perimeter game, and my experience following dudes like this is that they usually work a ton over the summer on their shot and add an attempt or two to their repertoire

Isn't this guy a Tyrese Samuel clone and exactly what we all said we needed this year most (along with another PG)? People are already dumping on him??

It's clearly dumping on a player to note that about half of their highlight reel is against teams that aren't even close to D1.

From a scouting perspective, the thing that I don't love about Kyle is that he gathers a bit when he gets the ball inside. It's not as bad as Big E, but could play so much more athletically if he could just go straight up with the ball. Hopefully, playing with ACC-caliber passers can change that because it's also clear from that highlight reel that he's got good hands and corrals a lot of bad passes.

88 dunks last season for William Kyle

Wake had 89 as a team
Yeah, i know, but Wake would have had a lot more dunks if it played schools like Dakota Wesleyan, Mayville State, and a bunch of sub-kp 250 Summit League teams.

I'm a big fan of Kyle! I hope he's a Deac! I'm just pointing out that he's playing guys who are at least six inches shorter than he is on some of those clips.

Y'all are sensitive these days!

I mean 2 3PA per game would be almost double as many as he shot this year. I don't think anyone is discussing wanting him to average 5 3PA a game or something crazy.

I just want him to do it enough (and be successful enough) that the defense views it as a real threat. Forcing opposing centers to actually guard their man on the 3 point line is a huge benefit for every other player on the team.

We don't need people who can stretch the floor. It's part of the reason why we're so fucking soft. We're out there launching threes instead of fighting for inside position when the three goes clank. We need two PF/C type transfers who can maul and rebound. They can be Josh Shoemaker offensively for all I care (which is more than what we had with Marsh/Keller last year). Depth and physicality is more important. Then we need to find somebody to run the point.

We don't need people who can stretch the floor. It's part of the reason why we're so fucking soft. We're out there launching threes instead of fighting for inside position when the three goes clank. We need two PF/C type transfers who can maul and rebound. They can be Josh Shoemaker offensively for all I care (which is more than what we had with Marsh/Keller last year). Depth and physicality is more important. Then we need to find somebody to run the point.

Why not both? Dudes can bang and hit threes.

I’m not too concerned about a Carr/Reid/K3 rotation with occasional MMM minutes. Juke is 6-7. Can he be a big wing sub for Carr?

yeah and Carr got really worn down physically as the season went on

he's developed into a great player, but we need guys that can come in and spell him when he's getting banged around too much

2 Efton 3PA/game is 2 more than we need at anything resembling his 2023-24 shooting %.

Four more ACC players in the portal:

• 6-2 Jaeden Zackery BC 11 ppg 4 apg
  • 6-10 Baba Miller FSU 8 ppg 5 rpg
  • 6-10 Cameron Corhen FSU 9 pgg 4 rpg
  • 6-3 Josh Beadle Clemson 3 ppg
Last year, Miller was touted as a one and done (for the NBA); this year, he's a two and done looking for an NIL deal. WF offered Beadle out of HS.

Four more ACC players in the portal:

• 6-2 Jaeden Zackery BC 11 ppg 4 apg
  • 6-10 Baba Miller FSU 8 ppg 5 rpg
  • 6-10 Cameron Corhen FSU 9 pgg 4 rpg
  • 6-3 Josh Beadle Clemson 3 ppg
Last year, Miller was touted as a one and done (for the NBA); this year, he's a two and done looking for an NIL deal. WF offered Beadle out of HS.
Even with the interest out of HS, can't imagine Wake is all that interested in Beadle at this point. He was pretty useless offensively at Clemson.

Speaking of Clemson, there were heavy rumors of PJ Hall transferring for the Sam Hartman style last year of eligibility right? That still happening?

1,400 players in the portal. ACC with the most of the remaining power conference teams (not counting the Pac-12):

ND: 6-10 FR Carey Booth at Notre Dame also apparently in the portal.

Cuse: Maliq Brown at Syracuse to the portal following them landing Eddie Lampkin.

Lousiville: going to turn over basically their whole roster - landed Edwards from JMU, one of the top gets so far. A couple Charleston players following Kelsey as well.

Miami has added 3, VT 2

Who on earth would want to play for Louisville right now? Those boosters must be throwing stupid money around. I dont care if Kelsey used to be your coach, you can do much better than L’s down

Reactions: GaK
Back