• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I think this assumption is that going from a starting role in a system that he's familiar with to a team with a new coach and uncertain roster most makes sense with an accompanying payday increase. That may not be the case - he could just want something new, graduated and feels his time at Wake is done, etc. But non-$ factors don't seem to be as apparent with UK like they did with Villanova, other than the name/stigma of playing for a blueblood.
Or, he could just want to make the NCAA Tournament. Which he has not done here, and likely won't next year.

He’s probably a level above Juke at a position of need. On some 2025 draft boards and 6’6” point guards in college aren’t too common. TBD if he’s being recruited as THE pg though
Interesting. If he's realistically hoping to be drafted in 2025, I don't think he's coming to America to only play 8 minutes per game for Wake.

Jacucionis is listed at 6'4, not 6'6, right? That appears to match up with his relative size in the highlights. He definitely has some juice.

My general memory is that it has taken a lot of Euro guys a year to adjust to college basketball, including Cam and Sarr (Hoard had been playing in the states, FWIW). But I'd take him either way.

Jacucionis is listed at 6'4, not 6'6, right? That appears to match up with his relative size in the highlights. He definitely has some juice.

My general memory is that it has taken a lot of Euro guys a year to adjust to college basketball, including Cam and Sarr (Hoard had been playing in the states, FWIW). But I'd take him either way.

We always need to be conservative in our expectations of Freshmen. This kid seems to be well above the level where Cam came into Wake. Hopefully, we get him and he handles the transition well.

Hypothetically, if this guy could give us 20-25 mins as the PG and we returned Hunter, then I think we would be fairly set at the PG position.

Back