• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

and you don't have to pay foreign players NIL!

(mostly joking -- i don't know how any of this works)

I feel like my source is messing with me and they clearly know what’s going on. They told me about Omaha, Cosby, Baba and a bunch of other shit over the years, but they have been super tight lipped about the PG situation for this upcoming season. All they would say is ‘they’re tall’ so I thought maybe that meant Claude, but now maybe it’s this random dude from Lithuania. I have no idea anymore.

I feel like my source is messing with me and they clearly know what’s going on. They told me about Omaha, Cosby, Baba and a bunch of other shit over the years, but they have been super tight lipped about the PG situation for this upcoming season. All they would say is ‘they’re tall’ so I thought maybe that meant Claude, but now maybe it’s this random dude from Lithuania. I have no idea anymore.
It makes a lot of sense to be secretive about a foreign HS prospect that some colleges may not know even exists and/or is a realistic option.

Especially when that Lithuanian PG seems to be off the college radar, but a potential 2025 first round NBA draft pick.

wonder if the lithuanian mob is involved

crop

It makes a lot of sense to be secretive about a foreign HS prospect that some colleges may not know even exists and/or is a realistic option.
He was in the Nike Hoop Summit so people know he exists. But they may not know if he's 6-2, 6-4, or 6-7.5 in shoes or whatever. And they may not know if he's interested in college or just plans to play another year for Barca.

Agree. First time they’ve been this intentionally vague so something is up and I know them well enough to ask directly. I think we can trust this one thing - whoever it is, they’re damn good. Close the deal, Forbes!

Would college coaches really not be aware of the MVP of the Adidas Next Gen or just not aware of his interest in college hoops?

Yup. The dots are starting to somewhat connect and this would make a LOT of sense for Forbes and co to keep this on the DL so they don’t have any competition. Hoping they seal the deal during this trip and we have the next Luka on our hands.

He was in the Nike Hoop Summit so people know he exists. But they may not know if he's 6-2, 6-4, or 6-7.5 in shoes or whatever. And they may not know if he's interested in college or just plans to play another year for Barca.

Would college coaches really not be aware of the MVP of the Adidas Next Gen or just not aware of his interest in college hoops?
I meant more that it’s likely a lot of college coaches aren’t aware that his interest in American collegiate basketball exists. I’m sure every major D1 school does some level of research on all the talented European teenagers, but a lot of them probably only do a deep dive on the ones that they think might come to the US for college.

the latter

Back