• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Would be nice to have enough playable guys this season so Forbes could have the top guys averaging no more than 30 min per game so they would be fresher for closing games and also late in the season.

That would leave 40 - 45 minutes per game to divide among three or four key reserves. I would like to see enough different skill sets so that Wake could better match up with opponents. Or, create Wake favorable mismatches.
Sorry didn’t see your post - but yes 100% agree

I’ve seen UVA, VT, Vandy, TCU for Dell’Orso

We would be offering him a lot more minutes if Hunter goes to the NBA. My thought is that WF was hoping to slow play Dell'Orso until it had more clarity on what Sallis was doing (and maybe a few other portal longshots). If UVA is involved, WF would have to either go all in or let him go. Think he can play.

Agreed. I just know that I were Dell'Orso, I wouldn't be waiting on Wake Forest when there are plenty of other P5 programs that would take my commitment (so to speak) immediately.

Maybe with several new players on next years team our "away game" mindset will be different.. Maybe they will actually win some away games next year.

so do i and i didn't even watch the highlight video(s)

It would be a coup to land that kid. Watching his highlights-- and granted he looks to be one of the tallest kids on the floor in most of them-- his shot is smooth as butter and quick. Seems like his options will be a year in the ACC and then pro, or another year or two in the Euro leagues, then NBA. Yes, he does appear to be that good to me...based on highlight reels, of course.

Nope, his Barcelona season doesn’t end until the end of May, then he is playing with the Lithuanian national team. He is graduating early turns 18 on May 29th. Wake is in a VERY good spot.

If he goes on any college visits they aren’t expected to be until June. And wherever he commits he won’t be on campus until the fall.
Amazing how 247 just posted this info in the last 45 minutes.

If Hunter comes back I’d rather have the Lithuanian kid, but dammit Claude is so good. Hate he’s going to USC.

Nope, his Barcelona season doesn’t end until the end of May, then he is playing with the Lithuanian national team. He is graduating early turns 18 on May 29th. Wake is in a VERY good spot.

If he goes on any college visits they aren’t expected to be until June. And wherever he commits he won’t be on campus until the fall.
Like THE Lithuanian national team? The one playing to qualify for the Olympics?

Having to wait until the summer to land your starting PG doesn't really feel like a VERY good spot to me.

Having to wait until the summer to land your starting PG doesn't really feel like a VERY good spot to me.
That may be why Forbes is in a VERY good spot. He's willing to wait.

Back