• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I don't get the sense that JIC was a high priority target.

Our roster is what it is... We likely shot our shot and he was looking for a bigger role that we likely can't offer. No big deal.

I am less concerned on the players we have "missed" on... More concerned that we haven't heard about others, but my assumption is still that it is all being played very close to the vest.

Not good that we've had several high priority targets on campus and they are not committing.
Feels like Forbes is going high risk/ high reward for 2024 - 2025. The risk is that several high ceiling players don't play at Wake. The potential rewards are contending for the ACC campionship and a deep NCAA Tournament run.

If he gets his three, Hunter, Baba, JK, great. If not, quality alternatives appear to be getting fewer by the day.

Putting JK on the level with Hunter is certainly something. I just can't get my head around expecting a European Freshman to lead our team to contending for the ACC

as stated before, JIC was most likely not promised a starting role and UCF did. that is ok, JIC is looking out for his future and so is Forbes.

having said that...i need a fix!

Hope Forbes isn’t banking on Sallis to be the starter, we’ve been burnt before

Hope Forbes isn’t banking on Sallis to be the starter, we’ve been burnt before
Whether he is or not he has better information than we do. Both about sallis' plans and also about possible replacements.

Whether he is or not he has better information than we do. Both about sallis' plans and also about possible replacements.
I mean by letting JIC commit elsewhere without putting on a full court press, Forbes is signaling that he feels pretty good about getting either Sallis back or JK. Either that or there is another PG option out there we don’t know about.

And he’s essentially betting his job on it, so he better be right.

Missed something, is the Hunter bring discussed the pg from Clemson ? Or someone else?

giphy.gif

I mean by letting JIC commit elsewhere without putting on a full court press, Forbes is signaling that he feels pretty good about getting either Sallis back or JK. Either that or there is another PG option out there we don’t know about.

And he’s essentially betting his job on it, so he better be right.
I'm not sure these boards know the extent to which Forbes pressed.

Back