• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Entire team has entered the portal. We are all super down on our prospects next year.

3 weeks from now we will have landed some very good players and be irrationally optimistic, only to have the rug pulled from under us again next March.
This is the most likely outcome

Being able to cancel your sub is the true miracle
I got a notice that my sub had renewed and I tried to cancel and get a refund since there was no warning but they matter of fact informed me that they had sent a reminder about 3 months before. Yeah ok.

I'll be very sad if we lose Carr, Cam or Reid, but it isn't far fetched that Forbes will go out and replace his productivity.

This is the kind of post that blows my mind. Forbes has done good in the portal, and our high-point is losing in an early round of the NIT. I can't tell if I'm being brilliantly trolled (and if so bravo) or if there is just a level of support and optimism beyond my comprehension.

I got a notice that my sub had renewed and I tried to cancel and get a refund since there was no warning but they matter of fact informed me that they had sent a reminder about 3 months before. Yeah ok.
I think I had to threaten a BBB complaint or something Karen style to get them to actually cancel/refund.

This is the kind of post that blows my mind. Forbes has done good in the portal, and our high-point is losing in an early round of the NIT. I can't tell if I'm being brilliantly trolled (and if so bravo) or if there is just a level of support and optimism beyond my comprehension.
Hell, I'm not saying we will make the tourney or anything positive will happen. Just that it isn't impossible to replace the current talent on the team. He's improved our roster every season for the most part. 2021-2022 was solid.

You won't find any wake sports positivity coming from me at any point until we show actual postseason results. That said, I stand by the fact that we can bring in 8 new guys who are equal to or better than our 2023-2024 roster when equaling the sum of their parts.

I think I had to threaten a BBB complaint or something Karen style to get them to actually cancel/refund.
They canceled it from renewing again but no one I spoke to would refund. But I did use it last night to read the Carr news.

I wonder how much of their decisions are circular / tied to each other. Could Carr want to play in the NCAAT, and see Nova as a better option if the money is the same and Sallis isn’t returning? Could Sallis see a second round grade and decide he’s open to return, but only if it’s on a team poised to make a deep run and get him a lot more exposure?

I wonder how much of their decisions are circular / tied to each other. Could Carr want to play in the NCAAT, and see Nova as a better option if the money is the same and Sallis isn’t returning? Could Sallis see a second round grade and decide he’s open to return, but only if it’s on a team poised to make a deep run and get him a lot more exposure?
This is what makes the transfer portal timing utterly ridiculous. It shouldn't be during the tournament, and it shouldn't be so far removed from NBA draft entry decisions. It's making what is already a difficult job for coaches nearly impossible.

Funny to think of a bunch of corporate dickheads sitting around trying to decide if it's more profitable to (a) make it easier to join and easier to cancel or (b) make it harder to cancel, thus discouraging people from joining in the first place, but leeching onto your existing subscribers like a soulless leech or one of them mushrooms in The Last of Us.

Back