• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Yes, this appears to be headed in the same direction as every other Wake Forest "success" story. . .

195 players for what, 45 spots? I know that some will go through the process and return, but that is a lot of people getting bad advice.

rude! Sallis is and should go through the process...and then come back to Wake!

195 players for what, 45 spots? I know that some will go through the process and return, but that is a lot of people getting bad advice.
It's 195 for 58 spots, and the 195 is pretty misleading.

From rough scanning:
39 are international players
15 are G-League/OTE

20-30, maybe more are guys who entered, already got the feedback that they weren't going to be drafted, entered the portal and have committed -- Aidoo, Brea, Carr, just looking at the ABCs.

Throw in how easy it's become to go through the process and withdraw before midnight on May 29, it's a manageable number.

Is this going to come down to who made the clerical error?

If its the NBA, Sallis goes through the draft process?

If it is his agent, Sallis is foreclosed?

Also, understand that the league has to have deadlines, but its not like combine invites and visits have been set and scheduled; so, is the NBA likely to be open to allowing Sallis and any others in the draft if the issue results from simply messing up the paperwork?

Is this going to come down to who made the clerical error?

If its the NBA, Sallis goes through the draft process?

If it is his agent, Sallis is foreclosed?

Also, understand that the league has to have deadlines, but its not like combine invites and visits have been set and scheduled; so, is the NBA likely to be open to allowing Sallis and any others in the draft if the issue results from simply messing up the paperwork?
i'd have a pretty hard time celebrating a hunter return from a paperwork mix-up

well I'm sure he'd be thrilled to come back and give it his all for the Deacs if that's the case

At least we’re still not at the most Wake Forest thing ever. That would be if he is in the draft and he enters the transfer portal.

Back