• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I remember LaRavia hitting some absurd percentage of NBA threes in his workouts which really helped to boost his perception and draft ranking, since that was probably the biggest question mark about his ceiling as a prospect.

With Hunter I think it's two things - NBA range definitely a question mark, and whether he can leverage his athleticism against physical defenders since he doesn't have elite quickness. I don't think either of those attributes are equal to where LaRavia was when he left. Still kind of a set shot from deep, still needs a little bulk/strength to play the role he'll have in the league.

The problem is he's got so much potential and he's clearly such a good dude and hard worker that I'm betting he'll be just on the right side of the draft to leave, and will get paid decent money to spend a few years developing in the G league. The risk of coming back and either suffering an injury or just not being dominant in the ACC will be too high.

The biggest thing that changed the LaRavia decision was the weird perception that he was older than he actually was. Once they cleared that up and, like you said, shot amazingly well at the combine he really elevated his stock.

The biggest thing that changed the LaRavia decision was the weird perception that he was older than he actually was. Once they cleared that up and, like you said, shot amazingly well at the combine he really elevated his stock.
Ha yeah I forgot about the age thing. That really was weird.

a little hint for you folks....

s-l1600.jpg
Bucket scoops who?

ACC Roster Update:

Team - # of players from 2023-4 roster in the portal (NBA Draft Entrants) - # of players added from the portal - current total of scholarships committed for 2024-5

BC: 6 - 3 (Josh Beadle Clemson; Dion Brown UMBC; Chad Venning (St. Bonnie); 10
Cal: 8 - 8 (Christian Tucker UTSA; Andrej Stojakovic Stanford; Josh Ola-Joseph Minnesota; Rytis Petraitis AF; Mady Sissoko Michigan State; BJ Omot North Dakota; DJ Campbell WCU; Lee Dort Vandy) 12
Clemson: 4 (also lost one to the NBA Draft; Hall) - 2 (Victor Lakhin Cincy; Jaeden Zackery BC); 10
Duke: 7 (Duke also lost two to the NBA draft; McCain and Filipowski) - 2 (Maliq Brown Cuse; Mason Gillis Purdue); 10
FSU: 10 - 3 (Jerry Deng Hampton; Justin Thomas UTSA; Bostyn Holt South Dakota) 9
GT: 7 - 3 (Javian McCollum Oklahoma; Luke O'Brien Colorado; Jalen Forrest Presby) - 11
L'ville: 13 - 9 (Chucky Hepburn Wisconsin; Koren Johnson Washington; Terrence Edwards JMU; J'Vonne Hadley Colorado; James Scott Charleston; Aboubacar Traore Long Beach; Reyne Smith Charleston;; Aly Khalifa BYU; Kobe Rodgers Charleston - Khalifa and Rodgers may RS next season) - 9
Miami: 8 - 3 (Jalen Blackmon Stetson; Lynn Kidd Miami; Brandon Johnson ECU) - 10
NC State: 4 (also lost one to the NBA Draft; Diarra) - 4 (Brandon Huntley Hatfield L'ville; Marcus Hill BG; Michael James L'ville; Dontrez Style G'town) 12
NC: 1 (also may lose one to the NBA Draft; Ingram) - 1 (Cade Tyson - Belmont) - 10
Notre Dame: 3 (also may lose one to the NBA Draft; Burton); 1 (Matt Alloco Princeton) - 12
Pitt: 2 (also lost one to the NBA Draft; Carrington) - 2 (Cam Corhen FSU; Damian Dunn Houston) - 10
SMU: 9 - 4 (Boopie Miller WF; Kario Oquendo Oregon; Yohan Traore UC Santa Barbara; AJ George Long Beach) - 10
Stanford: 4 - 0 portal adds - 9
Syracuse: 6 (also lost one to the NBA Draft; Mintz) - 4 (Jaquan Carlos Hofstra; Eddie Lampkin Colorado; Jyare Davis Delaware; Chance Westry Auburn) -11
UVA: 2 (also may lose two to the NBA Draft; Beekman and Dunn) - 0 portal adds; 9
VT: 6 - 4 (Hysier Miller Temple; Ben Burnham Charleston; Toibu Lawal VCU; Rodney Brown Cal - 10
WF: 8 (also may lose one to the NBA draft; Sallis) - 3 (Tre'Von Spillers App. State; Omaha Biliew Iowa State; Davin Cosby Bama) - 9

So, none of the jazillion (I mean 18) ACC teams are scholly maxed out right now. More scholarships may open after players elect to stay in the NBA draft; most schools have three or more to give.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that takes into account incoming HS recruits, as well? Too lazy to check.

I was going to update the first post with everyone's scholarship counts, but it was too much work and nobody seems to care. So thanks for doing it.

I'm assuming that takes into account incoming HS recruits, as well? Too lazy to check.

I was going to update the first post with everyone's scholarship counts, but it was too much work and nobody seems to care. So thanks for doing it.
Yes.

What a weird way to announce he is back. I mean unless he submitted to be in the portal this week and showed up in the portal today, we would have known he was back anyways. Why do this lazy last minute Instagram post? It doesn't look like wake basketball social media has posted anything about it either.
I find this complaint lamer than IG post

What a weird way to announce he is back. I mean unless he submitted to be in the portal this week and showed up in the portal today, we would have known he was back anyways. Why do this lazy last minute Instagram post? It doesn't look like wake basketball social media has posted anything about it either.
Let's just be glad he's back. We have much larger things to complain about around here.

Whether it’s Sallis, Cam, or PG to be named later, we should run A LOT pick n roll/pop with Reid next year. Even if his 3 point percentage only improves slightly, his vision/passing is trustworthy enough to have him with the ball at the top of the key. Then just have guys like Spillers and Omaha boxing people out into the 3rd row.

Whether it’s Sallis, Cam, or PG to be named later, we should run A LOT pick n roll/pop with Reid next year. Even if his 3 point percentage only improves slightly, his vision/passing is trustworthy enough to have him with the ball at the top of the key. Then just have guys like Spillers and Omaha boxing people out into the 3rd row.
Let’s also try to play a lot of defense!

...and rebound the D boards, and run successful fastbreak, and reduce TOs....

Sallis made the NBA pre-draft camp list.
Baba Miller and Andrew Carr are not on it.
Maybe Miller's decision will come soon.

Back