• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Last Sunday evening. FAU was sweating him for a commitment and Wake was too, but also encouraged Baba to go through the pre-draft process. That probably will help us, but figured he would have committed by now. Hope he does - I really like the look of his game at the 4. Omaha/Baba/Reid at the 3/4/5 would be tough.

ETA: FSU is such a shitty undergrad school, though so I hope it doesn’t have anything to do with transfer credits (not that it matters too much if he’ll be in the league after this season).

Once again, I think everyone is sleeping on spillers…..
I’m not. He’s going to be good. Not sure he would be better than any of Omaha, Baba or Efton, though. If he is, that’s a great problem to have. And if Baba commits, he will almost certainly start and I think it would be at the 4.

Spillers was a JUCO 1st team All American, 1st team Sun Belt All Confence and a Sun Belt player of the week. So a TON to love there.
Spillers was listed as 6-7, 205 at App. That is half a foot shorter than Reid. That size puts him in the 3/4 category.

IMHO, Forbes still needs a competent backup center,or at least 4/5. Said player would get around 15 minutes at the 5 spot, unless Reid reduces his tendency to be a foul magnet.

Who is going to be the shooters on this team? Aren't we missing that piece?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Or Tony Bennett is so desperate to prove that he can portal, he's taking a swing on a player he'll have to teach defensive fundamentals to.

UVA went from zero to 100 in the portal in just a few days... Landed 3 solid players - Jalen Warley (FSU), TJ Power (Duke), and Elijah Saunders (SDSU).

I wonder if Bennett is telling these players he's changing in terms of being more up tempo on offense.

Who is going to be the shooters on this team? Aren't we missing that piece?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
This team is only going to need to score 45 a game to win with their defensive talent. The other 45 ppg is gravy.

i doubt he would change was has been working for him

This team is only going to need to score 45 a game to win with their defensive talent. The other 45 ppg is gravy.

From your lips to god's ears. If a Forbes team can play that kind of defense we could be real good.

JIC seems to be the only possible short term commitment. The big decisions we’re waiting on are going to drag at least another week or three or six

Back