• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I don't know how good of a skier you are, but Danny Manning is a former NBA All-Star who looks to still be in pretty good shape.

That has nothing to do with being a good skier. Being 6'10" would be bad news for a recreational skier who falls on occasion. It wouldn't even be easy to get onto a lot of ski lifts at that height without having to just fall backwards onto the chair.

I don't know how good of a skier you are, but Danny Manning is a former NBA All-Star who looks to still be in pretty good shape.
But his knees are in terrible shape. Hard to take the slopes with bad knees.

Maybe he will meet a tailor out in CO that can make him a suit that isnt 3 sizes too big

I'm terrible. Been skiing my whole life and yet for some reason I typically go down the slopes on a stretcher behind a snowmobile. I just was thinking a 6ft 11 dude with bad knees might be worse than me but yeah I doubt it.
A 6’11” dude with bad knees who is 57 years old as well. I would ski all the time when I lived in Boone but if I tried now I would kill myself. I get nervous walking down stairs.

I played juco basketball with Thurl Bailey's son. Him and Mark Eaton ski regularly. Imagine seeing that coming down the slopes, 6'10 and 7'4 lol.

I played juco basketball with Thurl Bailey's son. Him and Mark Eaton ski regularly. Imagine seeing that coming down the slopes, 6'10 and 7'4 lol.
1715115404743.jpeg

Just a way to keep people checking on this thread as no information is coming out. People get excited…then melancholy.

Mark Eaton has been dead for 3 years. Hit by a car while cycling.

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t appear as though Riley Kugel will end up at Kansas after all.

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t appear as though Riley Kugel will end up at Kansas after all.
For as crazy as this portal season seemed out of the gates, it seems to be getting crazier. Hard to tell which way is up.

Why does a dude who got paid almost $18M for doing absolutely nothing continue to chase assistant coaching jobs across the country?
Maybe he likes it? Most lifetime ballers do. Easier than “real world”, whatever the hell that is today.

Aren't all the top men's downhill skiers big dudes? Obviously not 6'10 or 7'4, but in the 6'4-6'7 range?

Back