• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Must admit, however, that Keller looks good in a Utah uniform. Hope it works out for him.

wow...did not anticipate Keller getting interest from a school as good as Utah. Good for him. It is interesting that when we played Utah this year, Keller had probably his best game ever as a deacon with 10 points and 5 rebounds and even hit 2 three pointers (he hit 7 all year). Utah might be guilty of the old "fall in love with a player who played a good game against us" syndrome.

I hope someone with loads of time does an analysis of how many players transfer to a team they played against in a previous season

Anecdotally (Reid, Spillers, Cosby (exhibition - but at the Joel), Keller, Zackery, BHH, Maliq Brown) it seems like it happens a lot

edited to change the qualifier

Last edited:
I hope someone with loads of time does an analysis of how many players transfer to a team they played against in the previous season

Anecdotally (Reid, Spillers, Keller, Zackery, BHH, Maliq Brown) it seems like it happens a lot
did Reid play against Gonzaga when he was at LSU?

Kentucky fans talking about playing Carr at the 5 and surrounding him with shooters.

Um... Do you guys even know what you're bidding on?

Love Carr, but he seemed best at the 4 playing next to a true C. A better help defender than somebody who could guard the 5 spot 1x1.

Kentucky fans talking about playing Carr at the 5 and surrounding him with shooters.

Um... Do you guys even know what you're bidding on?

Love Carr, but he seemed best at the 4 playing next to a true C. A better help defender than somebody who could guard the 5 spot 1x1.
He would be a stretch 4 in Pope’s offense. UK is recruiting multiple true centers. The fans sound like us when we say we will start four 4s

Has anyone conducted a social network analysis of the transfer portal? Seems like it would be a good way to determine program tiers.

(Anybody here do social network analysis? I'd be game to work on a paper with you.)

Always liked Carr. Good 3pt producer. Hustled, played with determination and never gave up. Terrific attitude. His weakness, because of his physique was pushed around by more physical defenders. I felt if he really concentrates on building up his upper body strength his production would improve. If it wasn't for Carr, we would have lost to App State last year and have that loss on our resume.

i wonder if other fans say this about Wake pick-ups

Keller was a borderline top-100 recruit -- not hard to see a version of "our program can fix him" for a guy like that like we see around here
Yeah. Keller was a 4* recruit ranked #94 by 247. By comparison, Cosby was 4* ranked #131 a year later.

Keller was a borderline top-100 recruit -- not hard to see a version of "our program can fix him" for a guy like that like we see around here

I thought this, too... But when I went back and looked at Keller's stats they were even worse than I remembered.

At least with someone like Cosby you can point to him as a shooter and probably expect his % to increase from an already OK 34%.

When I look at Keller's numbers over the first two years, I'm not sure what he's good at.

yeah, other than maybe Canka, I can't think of a guy that had as little high school plus college hype that we brought in from the portal

I thought this, too... But when I went back and looked at Keller's stats they were even worse than I remembered.

At least with someone like Cosby you can point to him as a shooter and probably expect his % to increase from an already OK 34%.

When I look at Keller's numbers over the first two years, I'm not sure what he's good at.
Falling down?

Always liked Carr. Good 3pt producer. Hustled, played with determination and never gave up. Terrific attitude. His weakness, because of his physique was pushed around by more physical defenders. I felt if he really concentrates on building up his upper body strength his production would improve. If it wasn't for Carr, we would have lost to App State last year and have that loss on our resume.
upper body strength is not why people get pushed around in the post.

After four years in college S&C carr has probably maxed out what he can add from a strength perspective. It's not as simple as "lift more and eat more protein". Most of the variability in the amount of muscle people can add is determined by genetics.

Somewhere in there, strickland saw a Visser career for Keller.

Oh they absolutely do. I've already seen things about Biliew and about Cosby from Iowa State/Alabama fans that aren't that far off from how Wake fans now think about Keller. Of course, Gonzaga fans were also saying the same things about Sallis and Reid this time last year.

Sometimes change of scenary works out and a player improves significantly, other times it doesn't. Thankfully, with Forbes it seems to work more than it doesn't.

Back