• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Realize that Bama's offense is all about shooting the three, but in limited playing time, Cosby shot a ton of threes.

He never played more 19 minutes in any Alabama game. Cosby played more than 10 minutes in 7 games. In those seven games, Cosby shot 34 threes or an average of 5 attempts a game in very limited action.

Against Ole Miss, Cosby played 13 minutes and shot 10 threes (making 5)! Cosby shot 34% from three despite sporadic PT. Cosby likes to shoot.

cosby was a good, but not great recruit (outside the top 100) and looks like he could barely get off the bench as a freshman, albeit for a good team.

am i missing something or is this of a canka-esque depth piece / lotto ticket?

eta: does look like he had a late season injury, so wasn’t just DNP-CDs in the postseason at least

cosby was a good, but not great recruit (outside the top 100) and looks like he could barely get off the bench as a freshman, albeit for a good team.

he's pretty similarly ranked to Aaron Clark and was a priority HS recruit for Forbes over Aaron Clark

not an unknown on the same level as Canka

ETA: Rivals had him at 95, so about 10 spots higher than Clark

Probably will change with more minutes, but Cosby put up 1 3PA every 2.7 minutes on the floor last year. During Damari’s 22-23 season, he put up 1 3PA every 3 minutes

Cosby has been long rumored to be a favorite for Wake, was heavily recruited out of HS and was almost ready to commit to Wake before Bama swooped in at the last second. That is the reason we didn’t hear anything about him visiting because he already saw the campus/facilities during his HS recruitment. So I’m sure a lot of this was handled over zoom and it resulted in a commitment. Nonetheless, BOOM

Forbes recruited Cosby hard out of high school, and lost him late to Bama. I trust that Forbes sees something in Cosby.

I don't think he'll play much PG

Who doesn't like puddin pops?!
Agree, believe he will be the combo guard we were looking for who can also play a little bit of the 3, being that he is 6’5. Still will target a true ball handling PG. not to say he won’t play some PG.

Cosby went to the same HS in Raleigh that Jayden Quaintance, the #8 overall recruit for next year who de committed from Kentucky and has stated he's not going to Arkansas
Sounds like the perfect Forbes 2025 portal addition

eta: does look like he had a late season injury, so wasn’t just DNP-CDs in the postseason at least
This is nothing close to Canka-esque

Bunch of big time guards and wings ahead of him last year.

Cosby is a great pull for us.

This is mostly an effort for me to attempt to keep up:

Hildreth
PFred
Cosby
Juke
Spillers
Biliew
Marion
Reid

That's already a decent 8 man rotation, and it sounds like we're going to get at least 2 more? Wow
I think it's leaning that we will add either Baba or Powers. And we will 100% sign a stud lead guard. Sounds to me like we are going to have a legit 9 or 10 man rotation. And most likely 11 guys who deserve to play ACC minutes.

Forbes has always really, really liked Cosby

I trust his opinion on this one

Back