• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

This kid can fuckin ball

Andrew who?

Oof. Carr will be missed.

Sallis at #53 in Monday’s BR mock. Compared to second year Spur Maliki Branham which is a pretty good comp even though comparing a draft prospect to a younger dude seems weird.

(Bobi at #28 compared to De’Andre Hunter)

Sallis 35
Cam 35
Reid 30
Omaha - 25
Spillers - 25
Parker 20
Juke - 10
Backup portal C - 10
Backup portal PG - 10
Marion - 5

There's my 10 man rotation if Sallis comes back. If Sallis comes back, I'm putting all my chips on him being our starting PG.

I think Omaha and Spillers will both play a lot of minutes at 3 and 4.

There is zero chance of Forbes not bringing in a starting PG to run the show. Sallis (who I still think is gone) would get stretches as the lead guard, but Forbes has the open schollies and it feels pretty certain that we’re gonna add a PG.

We just don’t know who it is.

As it currently stands the roster is 8 players with Sallis as a question mark. If Coach wants 13 scholarship guys, they still need 4 and maybe 5 more commits. Still a ton of work to do.

Going to be much more athletic in the front court next season with the additions of Spillers and OMAHA.

With the “new” reality of having to recruit and/or rerecruit your roster every year, I’m wondering if many programs, including ours, will quit placing a priority on carrying 13 scholarship players. Only 8-10 players seem to play any significant time during the year. There no longer is a need to emphasize long term development of players, and thus the need for carrying 13 players is markedly reduced. Those players not in the top 8-10 are looking to transfer for more playing time at the end of the year, and the time and energy placed on their development as a player is “wasted” as you could have used that time on developing your top 8-10 even more. Those players in the top 8-10 desire to develop and improve during the year, so they can either go to the league or chase the most NIL money at the conclusion of the season whether at Wake or another program. Seems focusing on developing and coaching the top 8-10 players while having other players available simply to scrimmage those 8-10 will be the new norm.

Oof. Carr will be missed.

Sallis at #53 in Monday’s BR mock. Compared to second year Spur Maliki Branham which is a pretty good comp even though comparing a draft prospect to a younger dude seems weird.

(Bobi at #28 compared to De’Andre Hunter)

Yeah, I'm sure this Omaha guy is good, but post-grad Carr in his 3rd year playing for Forbes would be HUGE! Sadly, Wake cannot have nice things.

With the “new” reality of having to recruit and/or rerecruit your roster every year, I’m wondering if many programs, including ours, will quit placing a priority on carrying 13 scholarship players. Only 8-10 players seem to play any significant time during the year. There no longer is a need to emphasize long term development of players, and thus the need for carrying 13 players is markedly reduced. Those players not in the top 8-10 are looking to transfer for more playing time at the end of the year, and the time and energy placed on their development as a player is “wasted” as you could have used that time on developing your top 8-10 even more. Those players in the top 8-10 desire to develop and improve during the year, so they can either go to the league or chase the most NIL money at the conclusion of the season whether at Wake or another program. Seems focusing on developing and coaching the top 8-10 players while having other players available simply to scrimmage those 8-10 will be the new norm.
I mean you still want to fill out a roster even if you only play 8-10 guys because 1) injuries and 2) a backbench guy might blow up in practice and become a starter

I mean you still want to fill out a roster even if you only play 8-10 guys because 1) injuries and 2) a backbench guy might blow up in practice and become a starter
I wonder if you’ll have HS players getting new offers up a level late into their senior year to pad rosters. If they work out, great. If not, most coaches will essentially cut them the next offseason.

Back