• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

who was the last ball-on-a-string, pass-first, starter-level PG for the Deacs? like if Carter Whitt was good (answer is probably Ish)

I don't even care if they can score, but that's the prototype I want

probably a lot rarer in the college game than I realize, but I still want it

i wonder if we don't take a chance on one of the PG/CG still being listed with offers on 247

Jaye Nash
Tyler Bailey

just to fill out the roster and maybe get lucky with a solid 3* guy (other teams seem to get lucky).

The team needs a starting Guard, backup Guard, SF, and a backup Center. Those are where the final four scholarships should be allocated.

My wishlist

Guard (2x): DJ Wagner
Forward: TJ Power, Anthony Dell'Orso
Center: TBD

who was the last ball-on-a-string, pass-first, starter-level PG for the Deacs? like if Carter Whitt was good (answer is probably Ish)

I don't even care if they can score, but that's the prototype I want

probably a lot rarer in the college game than I realize, but I still want it
Honestly, I think it's probably Alondes, but I'll admit that's a bit of a stretch. If Ish is the bar, the list of folks clearing it is pretty small.

I think that we are starting to run out of playing time to offer transfers, particularly with the idea that we are taking 3-4 more. In my head, this is the minimum playing time we should expect for each current player:

Hildreth: 30
PFred: 20
Juke: 10
Spillers: 20-25
Biliew: 20-25
Reid: 25

That means that at minimum 125/200 minutes are already accounted for and there are only 75 minutes left. A lot of uncertainty for me as to how Biliew/Spillers minutes will shake out, but it seems obvious both will be on the court a lot. If we really are getting 3-4 more transfers, I would expect at least one or two of them to be backups that get 10 mpg maximum, which means they probably won't be particularly exciting names.

This whole conversation changes a lot too if Sallis comes back and accounts for 30-35 mpg.

Sallis and a pure PG would be incredible with this team. It would be an extremely athletic squad.

Should we expect any sort of shooting ability from Biliew? Obviously he didn't showcase it at Iowa State, but is there reason to believe he can do it?

I'd be a little concerned about shooting if we end up with a starting lineup of PG-Hildreth-Spillers-Biliew-Reid.

Back