• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I was thinking about this, as well. I kind of hope not. While locking up guys sounds good, you also wouldn't want to be on the hook for a big contact with a player that doesn't work out.

Can you imagine if we still had Monsanto on the books at some high number? Or a guarantee to Canka?

Feels to me like you just take it year by year. Sucks that you could lose players to higher bidders, but it's better than keeping disgruntled dudes around.
Would have to imagine that RTQ has some sort of clause in the agreement that says "If you transfer out or leave before the end of the contract, it is void". They don't get the whole $ amount up front.

Iowa State had three Seniors in their Forward rotation and another Top 50 recruit that outplayed Biliew - sounds like there just weren't minutes available to him

Iowa State had three Seniors in their Forward rotation and another Top 50 recruit that outplayed Biliew - sounds like there just weren't minutes available to him
Shows how far away Wake is that we're relying on a player who couldn't get run for a top 10 team to get back into the top 25 and make the tournament.

A little more than half (57%) of the top-300 transfer targets have already found new destinations (just using On3.)

Got to hand it to Forbes. Man is like a surgeon who is a master of his craft. He is silent but deadly! Forbes may have issues with in game strategy but his reputation in the portal has been very good. Sooner rather than later, the man will put together a team that all will be proud.

To follow up on my post about not appreciating people throwing shade at 247...

247 is the reason we know that we can expect a couple more commits in 5-7 days...That alone is as good of info as the names of these guys. Forbes isn't going to allow names to be released.

Carr is probably tired of not going to the tourney.
I’m curious how much this actually matters to players. I’m sure it’s a factor, but that experience is a couple days of a player’s year in a program. I would think media exposure and just positive reverence (obviously winning a lot is more fun) moves the needle way more.

The same person who told me about Omaha told me Wake wanted Kyle, too so something must have happened for him to commit to UCLA while on his visit to MSD. He would have been competing for minutes with Spillers, Omaha and MMM…not sure if that’s what it was, though. I’d like to think it’s because we now have a good shot at Power. And yeah, very tight-lipped on the mystery PG who we are apparently in good shape with. I have no idea who it is, but they must be damn good. Forbes is going to do it again, isn’t he?
I didn't know that timing. Booooo

To follow up on my post about not appreciating people throwing shade at 247...

247 is the reason we know that we can expect a couple more commits in 5-7 days...That alone is as good of info as the names of these guys. Forbes isn't going to allow names to be released.
Their brand of journalism let's them tell you they are right or wrong no matter what happens. They put no names out there on this so they can say told you so when someone commits (not that hard to predict it is prime portaling season) and they will tell you if nothing happens to keep waiting etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back