• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

It was the ATT class.
If we want to get technical on consensus 5-stars, only Aminu was of that group. Walker and Woods were like 37 and 40 in consensus rankings, so high 4-stars and close, but not at that top 25 level.

It’s an honest question. Why does anyone think this next year will be any different?
Combining this year's starter's talent level with more than 5 guys on the roster who are playable is all it would take. I think we end up with 7-9 dudes and get there somehow.

Would think the Damari situation had the most impact. Feel like Boopie and in particular, Carr were all in, until the season ended.

Even so, WF beat Duke late in the season, and then beat future Elite 8 Clemson to end the regular season. It's not like WF failed to show up in the games that it lost. The other team just played well.

Think that people don't understand how hard it is to win. WF had bad bad losses to GT (who also beat UNC, Clemson and Duke) and ND (who also beat Clemson and UVA), it's really hard to win. The other schools are paying their coach well into the seven figurs too and shelling out big NIL bucks. There is a tendency to just follow your own team, and forget that the other opponent has coaches, players and resources exclusively devoted to beating you.
This. I'm convinced a lot of our fans only really watch Wake play slash follow Wake. Which is fine but it doesn't provide context for what's going on. I don't even mean this as an excuse, just reality. I love the guy but if Forbes doesn't make the tourney this year I think it's time to move on barring any weird situations.

If Wake makes the tournament, there are those that will move the goal posts and say Wake should have been in the Sweet 16 or final four with this team. "Fire the coach"
The bar should always be winning the Natty just like 63 other teams want to do. But don't "fire the coach" because they don't.
Just an old white haired man's opinion.

Forbes spoke at a rotary club near the GSO Coliseum today. sounds like he's going to be doing a little recruiting in Europe. he's been to Nebraska, Iowa and Alabama the past few weeks. also named a few other places, but I can't recall them.

he also thinks nearly every ACC starter is taking home 200k or more.

His favorite ref is Roger Ayres. He likes TV Teddy for road games b/c Teddy likes to piss off the home crowd.

charismatic and funny guy. glad he's the coach at Wake.

I didn't know we had Canka supporters. He could be an okay player but nothing we've seen suggests that at all.
I'm surprised we retained Canka. Really do wanna know what both Cronin & Forbes saw in him...like I'm sure he's okay but never seemed close to P6 caliber. Maybe we're in for a surprise?

A ref shouldn’t have an opinion about any crowd. They need to just call what they see.

I would like to see some consistency. We were either really terribad or great. I was at the Syracuse game and we curb-stomped those bitches. Then my wife and I drove up to Notre Dame for that game and it was awful....like we were a completely different team. I will say that consistency is probably harder to achieve when you have huge roster turnover every year now. Anyway, I try to see the glass as half full rather than half empty because if it is half empty I might as well drink more beer and watch Gilligan's Island reruns.

Back