• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Their NIL is far from a mess. They have course corrected this offseason and Mick is crushing the portal. They should be really good next season.

I’m interested to see what his role ends up being. I doubt he’ll be starting, but he probably got a nice payday and his dad is happier he’s at UCLA. I’m spiteful, so I hope he fails.
Yep, it’s their football NIL that is supposedly a mess and caused Chip Kelly to leave as HC to go to tOSU as OC.

Christ, a lot of bitching and moaning on here. If you don’t like the status of Wake…move the fuck on to Duke. Real fans don’t waver!

Forbes spoke at a rotary club near the GSO Coliseum today. sounds like he's going to be doing a little recruiting in Europe. he's been to Nebraska, Iowa and Alabama the past few weeks. also named a few other places, but I can't recall them.

he also thinks nearly every ACC starter is taking home 200k or more.

His favorite ref is Roger Ayres. He likes TV Teddy for road games b/c Teddy likes to piss off the home crowd.

charismatic and funny guy. glad he's the coach at Wake.

I guess Forbes went to visit Cosby

Looking into my crystal ball...

• By the start of the next weekend, as we enter Sweet 16 play, Peyton himself has picked up on the buzz and - never shy to capitalize on a cultural moment - starts weighing in with his newfound fandom for the Demon Deacs

• He recalls the time Timmy D called to ask him about staying in school for his senior year
Except it was Peyton who called Coach Odom for permission to talk to Timmy about staying for his senior season. Which he did and obviously stayed at UT for the 97 fall football season. Led to him being #1 pick in 1998 NFL draft like Duncan was #1 pick of 1997 NBA draft.

Boopie Miller is not an NBA player and wherever he goes for the next year or two will not turn him into an NBA player. And, changing programs annually is almost certainly not aiding in his development.
I think he probably knows that and they think he needs to maximize his earning potential now with as much NIL as he can get. But who knows?

It's getting to the point here that unless you make the NCAA Tournament, you are dead to a segment of our fanbase. With that bright-line test, everything is so easy to judge. Under that test, Coach Forbes has failed through year 4.

That said, those that actually endured WF basketball from 2011 through the present, must admit the stark difference between the following two things:

• 2011-2020: WF was 80 games under .500 in the ACC and has won an average of 4.7 ACC games a season
  • 2022-24: WF is 8 games over .500 in the ACC and has won an average of 11.1 a season
(note: acknowledging that the 2021 COVID season is omitted and that the ACC now plays 20 conference games a year instead of 18; even so the improvement is real).

As detailed in ATS's post, Forbes ability to work the portal has been the key to this improvement. Feel like the program is close to getting over the NCAA Tournament hump, and this year's portal class may hopefully get us there.

I mean, the minimum is to make the tournament. If he doesn’t get it done this in year 5, how much longer do we give him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think making the NCAAT is an unreadable expectation. I also think it’s a lot harder to do now than many of the old timers appreciate or understand.
I certainly appreciate it but still harken back to the GDO days where over 12 years we averaged 20 wins a year, won back to back ACC titles (2 of our 4 total), made 7 straight NCAA tournies and added an NIT title in an off year. Yet Well-Man and half of Deaconland wanted to get rid of him and did?

I certainly appreciate it but still harken back to the GDO days where over 12 years we averaged 20 wins a year, won back to back ACC titles (2 of our 4 total), made 7 straight NCAA tournies and added an NIT title in an off year. Yet Well-Man and half of Deaconland wanted to get rid of him and did?
By today’s standards, GDO makes the tournament probably 4 times.

I mean, the minimum is to make the tournament. If he doesn’t get it done this in year 5, how much longer do we give him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not year five and he hasn’t missed the tournament. Talk about it next year if it happens. Right now you and windy just sound like miserable bastards who want everyone else to be miserable too.

Back