• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

anyone remember when boogie cousins was quoted as saying he was interested in joining the ATT class and we were speculating him playing on the wing for us?
boogie is super skilled

i bet he could have done

(though obviously it would of course not have been optimal use of his talents)

biggest lineup (more by position than height, where the 09 team would probably win out) i can recall is when jgray had his broken jaw and we would occasionally play lepore, howard, levy, danelius and big e.

boopie would have gotten trampled in practice with this potential squad

a little hint for you folks....

s-l1600.jpg
Nobody post a pic of ginger spice. It will set off a major debate again.

biggest lineup (more by position than height, where the 09 team would probably win out) i can recall is when jgray had his broken jaw and we would occasionally play lepore, howard, levy, danelius and big e.
Don't forget '92 - McQueen, Tucker, King, Rogers, Owens. Chill's injury season, I believe. 4 forwards and a point guard. Beat Duke at home by like 25 that year, if I recall correctly.

it's kinda funny that there was all this smoke about guards coming from everywhere with interest in wake... yet our portal activity has been...

spillers, omaha, tj power, baba + william kyle
That's just what we know about...

is power any good?

i'd never heard of him before
Power was 2023 HS five star, and rated as the #17 player in that class (essentially, a late first round/early 2nd round draft pick, if recruiting rankings are accurate). Out of HS he was offered by essentially everyone:

• Duke
  • UNC
  • Kansas
  • UCLA
  • Indiana
WF was involved early, before his HS rankings blew up. He is 6-9 and can shoot. Even though Scheyer buried him on the Dook bench (just like K, Duke has a roster of the most talented players, but they always play an ultra-short bench, which eliminates their depth edge; then, they run out of gas late in the season; always the same shit with them), Power still shot 36% from three (15 for 42). Power would be a huge get.

Someone like Power has to look at Andrew Carrs usage and performance with us and think he can do that on steroids. The blueprint is there for that player to be uber successful with forbes.

might be old news, but biliew shot 5/9 from three (6/8 from the line) for team usa

he was super foul prone tho

Earl Grant no doubt selling him on the Quinten Post role. Does BC have NIL, though? Would like to think we can beat BC out for someone we really want.

Foul prone doesn't matter as much on a team with depth. Hopefully that's what Forbes is building.

anyone remember when boogie cousins was quoted as saying he was interested in joining the ATT class and we were speculating him playing on the wing for us?
I do not remember this. It does make me sad though.

Back