• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

It looks like most of May.

NCAA Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline - May 29

Exactly. He played center out of Hollister, NC at about 6’2” at a small 1A school. Think we found him at Tacy’s summer camp, same as Rod Griffin a few years earlier.
Seems I recall Beattie Feathers being involved. He'd gone down to see James McDougald in Maxton and also went to nearby Fairmont to see Griffin. Probably recommended him to the camp or for Tacy to talk to him.

Dean Smith was interested in Rod Griffin so he dispatched asst coach Eddie Fogler to scout one of his games. Fogler came back and told Dean that Griffin wasn’t as tall as listed and probably wouldn’t be able to help them much. Thanks Eddie!

Dean Smith was interested in Rod Griffin so he dispatched asst coach Eddie Fogler to scout one of his games. Fogler came back and told Dean that Griffin wasn’t as tall as listed and probably wouldn’t be able to help them much. Thanks Eddie!
Plus as an added deal, Tacy really thought Rod was a counselor when they first saw him at camp. He was so big. He played in the counselors games at night and did well. They just hoped to keep him under wraps for his senior year. Apparently UNC went to see a doubleheader state tourney game with another player involved. As luck would have it Rod was in the other & they didn’t stay, so didn’t see him. Rest of story. His only other ACC possibility was Clemson I believe.

Plus as an added deal, Tacy really thought Rod was a counselor when they first saw him at camp. He was so big. He played in the counselors games at night and did well. They just hoped to keep him under wraps for his senior year. Apparently UNC went to see a doubleheader state tourney game with another player involved. As luck would have it Rod was in the other & they didn’t stay, so didn’t see him. Rest of story. His only other ACC possibility was Clemson I believe.
We seem to have morphed into the ‘74-‘75 Roster Construction Thread!

We could have had Allen Iverson with Rutland and Timmy.

Since we were bringing up past recruitment, I figured I'd depress us all because there isn't a month that goes by that I don't think how awesome it would have been to have AI as a Demon Deacon!

We seem to have morphed into the ‘74-‘75 Roster Construction Thread!
I’m just busting chops. I like to hear the history tidbits from before my time. Someone should start a thread specifically for that - discussing the olden days (which I mark as time before GDO).

When is Wake getting their next commit?

Any word on where Boopie is landing? Think he is regretting his decision?

Dont worry about Boopie

He didn't do anything wrong
Not necessarily. If he ends up getting less money somewhere else than what we has offered by RTQ, its fair to believe he made the wrong decision. But that's far from certain either way.

Back