• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

This is literally a thread about a college basketball team. Yeah if you don't watch CBB why the fuck would you be talking about it or care about it?
Again, its going over your head. I care that I don't watch it anymore. It sucks. Therefore, my statement about the state of the game. Not sure why this is so hard

Is Kyle's commitment unofficially official or are we just being hopeful for some reason?
I'm going to choose to believe it is. Those who subscribe to the Twitter follow system would feel confident. Recent follows on both sides, as well as lack of follows with other schools would indicate we are pretty close to a WK3 commitment.

I bet we put together a super athletic lineup next year that won't have the shooting that Forbes teams usually do. But I can us beating good teams 70-65 instead of 88-86

I anticipate this squad to actually hang its hat on defense and back that up with on court play. I also anticipate all of us saying "we are one knockdown shooter away from being a top-20 team".

I'm going to choose to believe it is. Those who subscribe to the Twitter follow system would feel confident. Recent follows on both sides, as well as lack of follows with other schools would indicate we are pretty close to a WK3 commitment.

At a stalemate on the $$$ and benefit plan?

Im an emotional sports person but reflecting on all this, I honestly think I’m going to try to turn into a casual fan. Why am I giving monthly money to RTQ? Not their fault, but it did nothing collectively. Wake is just in its flop era all around…

Totally understand the frustration over Carr's decision (which sucks) or the state of college sports (which REALLY sucks).

But Carr didn't enter the portal for his final season of eligibility because of NIL or lack thereof at RTQ.

Withholding current or future contributions to RTQ only limits Wake's ability to compete in the current hellscape of revenue college sports.

Again, its going over your head. I care that I don't watch it anymore. It sucks. Therefore, my statement about the state of the game. Not sure why this is so hard
Nothing difficult, if you didn't watch last year and see how fun our team was for a good part of the season, your opinion is moot. Don't care what you have to say because you don't know anything about how it's going. I'd like to have a fun team again, you wanna bitch. Two different priorities so we won't see eye to eye.

Nothing difficult, if you didn't watch last year and see how fun our team was for a good part of the season, your opinion is moot. Don't care what you have to say because you don't know anything about how it's going. I'd like to have a fun team again, you wanna bitch. Two different priorities so we won't see eye to eye.
You are a very strong poster. Please, keep going.

Everyone from now on please run your opinions by deacdouche123 he will only be accepting opinions from those that he deems worthy of having formed an opinion. Requirements include being entirely too optimistic and only having the same opinion as him.

Everyone from now on please run your opinions by deacdouche123 he will only be accepting opinions from those that he deems worthy of having formed an opinion. Requirements include being entirely too optimistic and only having the same opinion as him.
I believe Col Angus (Salute) also requires that you give to NIL. It's known as the opinion buy in clause of Wake Fandom

I can't remember a scholarship player as overlooked/forgotten as Canka.

I mean, it's been earned in that he's not been particularly memorable/impactful. But it's going to be hilarious when he explodes next season and makes an All-ACC team.

Deacondouche reporting for duty! Looking for opinions from fans who don't watch games or pay attention to the sport. Hoorah!
41aR2EjGKKL._SY445_SX342_.jpg

I can't remember a scholarship player as overlooked/forgotten as Canka.

I mean, it's been earned in that he's not been particularly memorable/impactful. But it's going to be hilarious when he explodes next season and makes an All-ACC team.
i dunno. Guys 8-10 on a roster are pretty forgotten usually and on scholly.

Its great that many fans still love to watch college sports. Deacfan123, more power to you. That's great and I wish I still did. I'm certainly not trying to convince you to be down on college athletics. You go. But how many players that were fun to watch for us for a stretch during this past season chose to transfer? I think the issue for me at least subconsciously that the season before as my interest dwindled I knew I was watching guys that could very well already have one eye on their next move if they could find one. I don't know, it's just not the same.

You're talking to a guy that used to read The Poop Sheet word for word. I knew everything there was to know about every high school player Wake was even recruiting, much less the ones that we had signed. I have had season tickets almost every year for both major sports and been a donor to a level that is pretty rare and I still am. This is why it all bums me out. And I remember for many years feeling a connection to the Wake athletes even if it may have been a bit silly. Maybe the player loved the campus like I did, or maybe the size of the school like I did, maybe the weather and location it offered, maybe they wanted the highly respected degree you get from Wake. We had to have something in common at least as to why we chose Wake Forest. I mean, I know there were other factors ofc that an athlete considers because I went through that too. But me and that guy on the court went to Wake because maybe we saw some of the same things and that connected us. We love the same school. Now, they swing through for a year to get the check (often in the case of the better players) and take a check for it and then on to the next check wherever they can get the best one. I just don't feel that connection anymore.

I'm in my feelings I guess

Last edited:
Back