• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

If Sallis comes back the ball needs to be in his hands a ton, both for him and for Wake.

Boopie just didn’t pass well or often enough, and while he was a good scorer, he was not a scorer on the level of Sallis. But Sallis often deferred, to his/our detriment, inflating Boopie’s PPG.

Not saying Sallis needs to be full time PG, but he needs to show handles and playmaking to elevate his draft status, and we need him to be the guy, every game.

So either get a pass first PG, or give Sallis a huge NIL bag and the ball and see what happens.

I mean, being able to showcase his point guard skills could be a good incentive to come back. The problem is that I just don't think Hunter is a point guard, though he has the potential to have some positional versatility on defense. I'd like to see him play alongside a big distributor, but who knows these days.

I mean, being able to showcase his point guard skills could be a good incentive to come back. The problem is that I just don't think Hunter is a point guard, though he has the potential to have some positional versatility on defense. I'd like to see him play alongside a big distributor, but who knows these days.
Agreed. There is zero reason Hunter has to force his game into a PG mold. He could but he seems like a more natural scorer. And he has the size to play at the NBA level with that skill set. He's not 6'2.

Yeah, either way we need a true PG. It’s going to be painful watching Boopie suit up for Louisville next year if he goes that route. I know there are many here who didn’t think he was good enough to be a starting ACC PG, but I respectfully disagree. I thought he was damn good for the majority of the season and in his first year here - a few bad games and stretches of subpar play, but overall worthy of wanting him back.

Yeah, either way we need a true PG. It’s going to be painful watching Boopie suit up for Louisville next year if he goes that route. I know there are many here who didn’t think he was good enough to be a starting ACC PG, but I respectfully disagree. I thought he was damn good for the majority of the season and in his first year here - a few bad games and stretches of subpar play, but overall worthy of wanting him back.

He’s not going to UL

Agreed. There is zero reason Hunter has to force his game into a PG mold. He could but he seems like a more natural scorer. And he has the size to play at the NBA level with that skill set. He's not 6'2.

The NBA prefers PGs to SGs even ones with size. If Sallis can run point, he’s more valuable. There are barely any traditional SGs under 6-6 mocked in the first round.

I like his tape. Nothing special but looks like a tidy player. If we eventually go after 2 PGs, he would be an awesome option for the second. Mostly seen Marquette talking about him, not sure if or how seriously they are pursuing though.

The NBA prefers PGs to SGs even ones with size. If Sallis can run point, he’s more valuable. There are barely any traditional SGs under 6-6 mocked in the first round.
Love Sallis but he has the size to be an nba pg but not the skill. (Maybe he can learn it?)
He has the skill to be an 90's school nba 2g.
He's a bit of a fish outta water currently.

I wish him the best. Not sure what that is for him.

In Forbes you must trust?
giphy.gif

Back