• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

yea i know nothing about this guy, but people were tryna compare efton reid to bradford based on similar reasons

No shit. Just trying to give a comparison of how little he played.

I mean, at this point I trust Forbes to make the right decisions in the portal. He HAS EARNED that confidence, if nothing else. Sallis still can possibly come back, doubtful, but…sure, possible!

There are still glaring needs…PG(s), Big(s), and a wing scorer.

All of this in response to the surprise that Providence basketball is found among the elite college basketball programs that gets attention on Trilly's discord channel.

Yes, Boston is close by to Providence; so, yes, there are tons of Red Sox, Pats, Celts and Bruins fans in RI generally and Providence specifically; fwiw, there are a fair number of subversive Yankee fans in Providence too.

Never claimed that PC Basketball is ahead of those pro franchises in attention there. That said, PC basketball is the main attraction that is exclusive to Providence and Rhode Island, and they have a rabid following. This isn't BC basketball in Boston. Providence basketball has a fervent following and a surprisingly large fanbase.

I know the thread has (deservedly) moved on from this but I've spent the better part of 3 decades in Rhode Island. I know more Miami Dolphins fans from that state than I do even cursory Friar fans. And way, way more Yankees fans, or Giants fans, or even UConn basketball fans. The ProJo historically has given more coverage to the fucking P-Bruins or PawSox than they did to the Friars. It might not be like "BC basketball in Boston" but it's something close to Big East-era BC football in the region.

I also know that talking authoritatively about things is sort of your schtick, and I usually dig your posts, but fuck outta here doubling down on this.

I'm pretty sure I was the only person in my entire high school who gave a flying fuck about Ryan Gomes, and he was an All American.

/soapbox derailment

Providence has a massive following. Rhode Island has a population over a million. They have no pro-sports franchise and no college football on the FBS level. Providence men's basketball (and to a smaller extent URI) dominate the sports landscape in little RI.

All of this in response to the surprise that Providence basketball is found among the elite college basketball programs that gets attention on Trilly's discord channel.

Yes, Boston is close by to Providence; so, yes, there are tons of Red Sox, Pats, Celts and Bruins fans in RI generally and Providence specifically; fwiw, there are a fair number of subversive Yankee fans in Providence too.

Never claimed that PC Basketball is ahead of those pro franchises in attention there. That said, PC basketball is the main attraction that is exclusive to Providence and Rhode Island, and they have a rabid following. This isn't BC basketball in Boston. Providence basketball has a fervent following and a surprisingly large fanbase.

I know the thread has (deservedly) moved on from this but I've spent the better part of 3 decades in Rhode Island. I know more Miami Dolphins fans from that state than I do even cursory Friar fans. And way, way more Yankees fans, or Giants fans, or even UConn basketball fans. The ProJo historically has given more coverage to the fucking P-Bruins or PawSox than they did to the Friars. It might not be like "BC basketball in Boston" but it's something close to Big East-era BC football in the region.

I also know that talking authoritatively about things is sort of your schtick, and I usually dig your posts, but fuck outta here doubling down on this.

I'm pretty sure I was the only person in my entire high school who gave a flying fuck about Ryan Gomes, and he was an All American.

/soapbox derailment
Okay. I feel like I need so much more info about you, but amen. I’ve lived in RI for most of my life. You’re right on. Also the amount of space RI takes up on these boards is epic.

6’5 guard, Jelani Hamilton. 4-star in high school. Redshirted this past season. Four years eligibility.
So a two-fer from Iowa State (potentially)? Hamilton had a pretty solid offer list per 247, including Alabama, VT, GT, and Illinois.

Back