• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Canka is gonna break some of y’all’s brains next year just fyi

#Cankadonkgang

I am pulling for the young man! He should gets the minutes he needs to make an impact.

I mean based on my knowledge, we have a seven man team…my team is on the floor!

Yeah, as soon as I posted that I regretted it (wasn’t told not to post anything…the staff is just being super tight-lipped about this shit to prevent some asshole from swooping in last minute and offering more NIL cash). Same source also told me about one of the main donors behind Louisville’s NIL and the guy is a complete and utter POS. It’s a shame kids would go play for Louisville for $800K after a much better institution like Wake, for example, offers $600K, but that’s what is happening these days. The less we know, the better. Forbes is about to strike gold in the portal again (hopefully).
Papa John’s? Ball State alum, btw.

I know Wake is not unique in losing a lot of players these days, but, it feels like an awful lot of our players take the first opportunity to get the hell out of Dodge. There are other places where players stay - even when expected to leave - why not Wake? Duke and UNC are two obvious examples - is it because they have had more success so the players are motivated to stay and enjoy the ride a little more? I honestly don't know but the departures of Boopie and now Carr really hit hard this year. Once again, unless Forbes pulls in a pretty amazing portal haul, next years will be another year of what ifs...
Duke currently has seven players in the transfer portal and two early declarants for the draft.

IU is huge. Close to if not top 10 in enrollment in the US. I grew up in Indiana and have lived in NC for closing in on 25 years now. The cult of IU basketball far exceeds anything I have seen in North Carolina. IU fans refuse to concede that they are not still a top 5 program.

The cult of Indiana basketball developed on the high school level with every school playing for one state championship. Kinda like having a few drinks to prepare for the party.

I ended up in Indiana immediately after graduation from Wake. It did not take much to understand that Indiana basketball was on an entirely different level than Tobacco road or NYC. As the numbers show, Kentucky isn't far behind. Living on the border between those two states and hearing the discourse between the fans of each state was an experience. Little argument between the two, but the level of arrogance by both sides was strictly HoF.

Which are unlikely to all be successful. Most of their portal guys who basically got cut from the team were 5* recruits too.
Yes

But we'd swap places with them in a moment without any hesitation. Apart from the coach. I think Scheyer is weak.

Can I say that I am disappointed in the dedication of our fans. Not one person on these boards has shared one flight tracking scoop. No one has yet told us they are camped out in front of the Shah complex this weekend. We all need to do our part!

That said, i will contribute what I can... The Nebraska Plan. We will in fact be hosting at least 3 players this weekend. WAK3 as previously mentioned. Omaha (Nebraska) Biliew and the other half of his package deal Josiah Dotzler from Creighton.

Biliew played on MoKan Elite (AAU) with Josiah who enter the portal earlier this month and has basically been silent since. Josiah Played high school at Bellvue West in Omaha Nebraska with none other than... William Kyle III. Also from Omaha is... Hunter Sallis

1713578396509.png

Too lazy to read all these posts, on a vibe scale 1-10 what should I be feeling?

Back