• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Yeah, either way we need a true PG. It’s going to be painful watching Boopie suit up for Louisville next year if he goes that route. I know there are many here who didn’t think he was good enough to be a starting ACC PG, but I respectfully disagree. I thought he was damn good for the majority of the season and in his first year here - a few bad games and stretches of subpar play, but overall worthy of wanting him back.
Totally agree, as I said on a previous thread it's going to be a lot harder to get someone better. He had only 0ne year at this level and no doubt would continue to improve. Heck everyone of our players had a few bad games.

Boopie was a good player, more of a lead guard than a PG. I was excited to see his progression moving forward…him not signing anywhere yet leads me to think he is not getting the number he was hoping for. It’s not too late for him to get it, but the longer it takes I think it’s less likely.

giphy.gif
CBS sports describes him as a 5 star needing to get his confidence back. Sounds familiar to me. Vibes!

Yes he visited DePaul but mostly silence since then except for the scheduled and canceled UL visit. Trilly says the $500k price tag and parents aren’t exactly enticing for teams at this stage.
Ah, didn’t know he canceled his UL visit. I hope he and Wake work out a deal. Would love him back.

No way we’d be fortunate enough to get Mahaney. Michigan really pursuing him (Dusty May just hired one of his former coaches at Saint Mary’s). U-Conn and Kentucky also interested. Florida will likely try to get a visit (Florida coach Todd Goldin played at Saint Mary’s and would get blessing from current coach there, for what it’s worth).

Agree. That same source who told me about Omaha says there’s another domino to fall if we get him. They’re being cagey AF about some of this, so that tells me we are past the point of flirting and are probably in the finals for whoever the mystery transfer is. And we definitely want WKIII and will go toe to toe with UCLA to get him. The only other thing this person said, and again they would know, is there’s a good chance Hunter comes back (assuming he’s not projected to go mid-first round). For Hunter’s sake I hope he goes top 15, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if he drops to the 2nd round in most projections. If that happens, he will get paid more to stay at Wake and they love Forbes and Wake. Carr is gone, which is sad, but Omaha will help if we can get him. I think we will.
Is RTQ really ready to pony up over 1/2 a mil to keep Sallis?

Is this guy seriously 6’2” 150 lbs?!?!?
There's no way

I'm 6'1 and have always been skinny and I've been struggling with health issues for the past 12 months that left me basically skeletal and even I didn't drop down to 150 at my lightest.

I watch very little NBA but doesn't just about anyone bring the ball up now? I feel like I've seen plenty of clips of LeBron bringing the ball up (and traveling atrociously)
Not sure LeBron is the poster child for "anyone in the nba."

Saint Mary's lists him as 6-3, 180 lbs and that looks pretty accurate based on pictures. I bet the 150 lbs is from when his 247 recruiting profile was created when he was 15 or 16 or whatever

In case anyone cares on Carr, it's Villanova, Kentucky, and Texas Tech.

My take (which is worth nothing) is that it was always Villanova, but he was going to at least listen to other offers. If UK wanted to throw a silly bag at him, why not?

Back