• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Also felt like the prevailing wisdom around here was that we'd lose one of Marsh and Keller...

Then we got hit with a:

tenor.gif

VT won the ACC Champoinship in 2022. They have made 5 NCAATs since 2017; L'ville won the Natty and went to another Final 4 since the last time WF made it the round of 64. Also, not sure if WF is done with its players heading to the portal.
Right. Are they in better shape going forward? Maybe. It’s not obvious though.

I think it's weirdly amusing that we have so many players leaving so quickly that we have posters that can't even accurately list who has left. Crazy times.

Also felt like the prevailing wisdom around here was that we'd lose one of Marsh and Keller...

Then we got hit with a:

tenor.gif
To me, I assume that this means Forbes has high confidence that he can easily find improvements in the portal at the backup big slots.

I don't think either Marsh or Keller made this decision without Forbes nudging them towards the door

I think it's weirdly amusing that we have so many players leaving so quickly that we have posters that can't even accurately list who has left. Crazy times.
It’s also hilarious we spend all season with game thread crazies bitching about these players then complain when they leave.

To me, I assume that this means Forbes has high confidence that he can easily find improvements in the portal at the backup big slots.

I don't think either Marsh or Keller made this decision without Forbes nudging them towards the door

100% agree. Also makes me feel like Carr is for sure returning. And we know Reid is coming back.

If people are putting out feelers with our guys, I would be shocked if we aren’t putting out feelers with targets too.

I liked Keller but he might have been our worst player in terms of offense.

I wish we were getting some confirmation for some guys returning to counterbalance all of the exits today.

He’s small and turned the ball over too much but his first year line in the ACC was 15.6 points, 3.5 assists, 2.8 rebounds on 46% FG and 37% from 3. And he has two years of remaining eligibility. Anyone who doesn’t see a player with that profile as an extremely valuable piece is crazy.
I am not sure how valuable Boopie having an additional year of eligibility is. The problem is, if he comes close to playing at the level he is likely asking ($$$), then he probably leaves you in a year for an even better payday somewhere else.

If there is one thing you can count on, it's that when Forbes has these end of season meetings with his team decisions are going to be quickly.

That's like 4 years in a row that it's felt like the Red Wedding on meeting day. Remind me to clear my calendar for about a week after our season ends next year (hopefully April).

I wish we were getting some confirmation for some guys returning to counterbalance all of the exits today.
Why would any of them compromise their NIL negotiations with Wake by announcing that right now?

If we don't hear a transfer announcement from any of our guys in the next like 48 hours I think it's safe to assume they're sticking around. Excluding weird Bobi situations I suppose

While they both seem like good teammates, not sure why anyone would pine over losing Marsh or Keller. In the world of analytics with "Value Over Replacement Player" (in college basketball I guess its "Value Over Mid-Major Transfer Portal Add"), both Keller and Marsh would be deep into the negatives. Have no idea who WF will bring in, but will be shocked if WF doesn't bring in, via the portal, at least one (and probably two) 4/5 types that will be more productive than Keller and Marsh. It's not a high-bar. Khadim Sy looks like Anthony Davis compared to those two.

Last edited:
Go to the first page, look at how many players other ACC teams are also losing, and take a deep breath
Eh, losing a Keller or Ituka is different than losing Boopie. In all likelihood we won’t be replace Boopie with a better player, and having to recruit a new starting point guard takes time and recruiting resources that we needed to make the team better and deeper at other positions.

Also funny to me that we spent the last 2+ years arguing about Keller and his ability to play at this level... and then with a single tweet, nobody will ever talk about it again (aside from a few scattered posts wishing him well).
just you wait

Back