• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

That’s not how real market value works. Putting real world dollars on it, Boopie increased his value here at Wake, so its far from certain we will replace him with an equal player for that same amount of money, + the cost of recruiting.

Sure, but that's the pitch. Look at how all of these players have boosted their value / earning potential by transferring to Wake over the last few years... Man Man, LaRavia, Appleby, Sallis, Boopie...

That’s not how real market value works. Putting real world dollars on it, Boopie increased his value here at Wake, so its far from certain we will replace him with an equal player for that same amount of money, + the cost of recruiting.
Based on what RTQ has posted today, Wake basketball presumably has a couple hundred thousand dollars to pay it's 3rd or 4th best player. Boopie clearly wanted to be paid closer to being the best player, which is north of $500k, or he was going to leave. Wake chose not to do that.

I don't think it's ridiculous for me to say let's wait and see who ends up getting paid NIL at Wake next season before I assess whether or not Forbes fucked up here.

Why would any of them compromise their NIL negotiations with Wake by announcing that right now?

If we don't hear a transfer announcement from any of our guys in the next like 48 hours I think it's safe to assume they're sticking around. Excluding weird Bobi situations I suppose
I am not saying they should. I am saying I wish we were finding out at the same time we hearing about the exits.

Any of you all that think Boopie is leaving even in part because he was scared he’d lose his playing time are delusional.

It’s money.
Part of the reason but the main is his parents wanted him to because they didn't like how Forbes pulled him out of games when he was out of control. Wait see how they like if he goes to a a blue blood and messes up

I assess whether or not Forbes fucked up here.
Has nothing to do with fucking up. We needed to increase our overall talent and we are immediately working from a deficit, that’s just analysis - it has nothing to say about blame or intentions.

Whatever conference Boopie is transferring to is filled with players about to get quite annoyed at his clever foul-inducing stop-motion move.

It’s what I’ll remember most about him, besides his awesome nickname.

Now, if he transfers in-conference, and any of our guys allow him to pull that move on them next year, I’m going to be very upset. Of course, that wouldn’t be the only upsetting part of that scenario.
You haven't been paying attention our guards have been doing that move for years

Has nothing to do with fucking up. We needed to increase our overall talent and we are immediately working from a deficit, that’s just analysis - it has nothing to say about blame or intentions.
Maybe. We really don’t know what these conversations were like. I have no doubt we wanted to keep and would be better today with Boopie in the fold, but we have no clue what Forbes said to Boopie about his role and value.

Addition by subtraction is a real thing with some of these players and players available in the portal. There are also more players than destinations again this year.

I mean your first post was about whether or not you have faith in Forbes program. I read that as an implication that Forbes was making mistakes in how he is retaining players, and talking about that today would obviously be related to Boopie leaving. If I'm misunderstanding you, then my apologies.

And yeah, almost every team is working from a deficit right now, because there's a ton of really good players in the transfer portal that have left teams but haven't joined one yet.

good fucking God, what have i missed this morning? I figured one of the bigs, not both, fine.

Boopie? wtf is that about, $? i think he will be grossly mistaken if he brings in big bucks. he was given the reins to a good team and started every game, and that is not enough? FUCK HIM...go get your 30 pieces of silver. he is replicable, imo, with anyone that can get others included. this is shocking imo...i want to see which teams are giving him this inflated perspective of worth!

This year, Forbes will have 5-6 open scholarships for the portal.
Last year, we brought in 4 transfers.
The prior year, we brought in 4 transfers.
After Forbes year 1, we brought in 5 transfers.

I think it'll all work out just fine.
do we feel the coaching carousel is about done turning? Because there could be some more HS decommits a la PFred.

I count 1136 players in the portal right now. Well, I'm not really counting them. I'm just pulling up that info from a website.

There are 362 D1 teams.

That's 3.14 (Pi!) players/team... And the number is going to go even higher over the next couple of weeks.

So the average team is going to lose about 4 players.

Back