• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I really wish Wake would go after Kentucky transfer Adou Thierro in the portal, he’s 6’8, a rising sophomore, insane athleticism, non stop motor, excellent defender, can handle the ball on the perimeter. That kid is going to be very very good when he gets playing time.

Lets think of the positive here. With Forbes' history, it seems very probable we upgrade (likely significantly) 3/4 of our departures, and we can now promise the keys to the kingdom to a top PG to make it 4/4.

Kind of a bummer that it didn't work out for him here. I'll say this for him, he always played hard as hell. He was never the most talented player on the floor, and felt out of place at both the 4 and the 5, but he always gave it his all
Dude shot a higher percentage on 3s than layups somehow.

Also funny to me that we spent the last 2+ years arguing about Keller and his ability to play at this level... and then with a single tweet, nobody will ever talk about it again (aside from a few scattered posts wishing him well).

Also funny to me that we spent the last 2+ years arguing about Keller and his ability to play at this level... and then with a single tweet, nobody will ever talk about it again (aside from a few scattered posts wishing him well).
I mean transferring down from this level (I assume) is a pretty clear indication which side of that argument was the correct side.

Is this serious? Wake is behind any program who has made the Round of 64 in the last 14 years. Northwestern has made the second round three of the last six tourneys.
That’s a really lazy metric. VT made the round of 64 in the last 14 years. Their entire team is in the portal. Louisville made the round of 64 in the last 14 years.

Crazy to think that just a couple of months ago, some were wondering what we were going to do about the fact that we had Juke coming in and no available scholarships.

Well, now we have Juke and 5 available scholarships.
I must have missed announcements - who besides Keller is leaving?

I mean transferring down from this level (I assume) is a pretty clear indication which side of that argument was the correct side.

I was talking less about who was right and who was wrong... It's just that we spend so much time dissecting these things (myself included) and then it all becomes moot. Something that felt really important instantly becomes time wasted.

That’s a really lazy metric. VT made the round of 64 in the last 14 years. Their entire team is in the portal. Louisville made the round of 64 in the last 14 years.
VT won the ACC Champoinship in 2022. They have made 5 NCAATs since 2017; L'ville won the Natty and went to another Final 4 since the last time WF made it the round of 64. Also, not sure if WF is done with its players heading to the portal.

Back