• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Kid is 6’9 and didn’t shoot single three while also shooting 60% from FT line.

Would the Summit League DPOY come to Wake to come off the bench?

The issue of whether to devote more resources to football than basketball, even pre-NIL, boils down to this: can Wake win a national title in football? I believe that answer to be "no".

Can Wake win a national title in basketball? I believe that answer to be "yes".

The issue of whether to devote more resources to football than basketball, even pre-NIL, boils down to this: can Wake win a national title in football? I believe that answer to be "no".

I’m starting to wonder if we can win an ACC title in basketball moving forward. Of Wake, GT, BC, FSU, Cuse and Pitt who makes the tournament next year?

In ACC play don't you feel Boopie was very inconsistent? Not everyone scores 20+ a game. He had some of those. But inopportune FTs missed, TOs, consistently driving and trying to shoot over 6'6"+ inside guys without kicking it out, said a lot about his weaknesses. He's played awhile. Should have learned better the art of penetration and kicking out to an open 3, especially at his height. On floor level he looked 5'10". The little 5'8" UGa. guard outplayed him and the last half of the season, he got shot over a bunch for 3s. He didn't lead well on FBs.We need something better, really.

I'll miss Marsh the most. IMHO, he wasn't that bad to have not played more minutes than he did. He actually rebounded pretty well and I think opponents got less O rebounds when he was playing. You could tell there was no big man work from our staff. At least Danny had that going for him...Sarr, Collins, etc. I think Forbes should have sent him to Big Man Camp every summer, assuming he didn't. With the right coaching, he possibly could make the NBA one day.

We all need to remember Forbes dealt with a wife who had strokes and that at an early age. Let's give him a little grace if he was not as focused and likely very exhausted.

Last edited:

Why couldn't we win a national title in football? We were ranked #10 like two years ago. To me that's a lot closer than basketball has been in over a decade

plus you have to factor into the realities of conference realignment which could further push away from football competitiveness
Well that depends. If you’re taking most of the best programs and competing for an entirely different championship, we might be a lot more competitive in realignment.

Why couldn't we win a national title in football? We were ranked #10 like two years ago. To me that's a lot closer than basketball has been in over a decade
This year's basketball team is a hell of a lot closer to UConn/Houston/Purdue/etc. than the 2006 and 2021 football teams were to Florida and Georgia, respectively. And those are two of the best football teams in Wake history.

We are significantly closer to winning a national championship in basketball. We were closer this year, despite not making the tournament, than any Wake football team because the gap in football is that big.

Last edited:
I’m trying not to overreact to this news, but it’s still a bummer. It makes it really hard to love college sports when your team is constantly changing. Watching guys grow was a big part of the appeal. Feeling like you knew them. Feeling like they loved the same school that you do. That’s all lost. I’m one hundred percent in on paying players, but they need to sign contracts and be done with it. The only people who seem into the NCAAT this year are people betting on games. It really sucks.

Last edited:
This year's basketball team is a hell of lot closer to UConn/Houston/Purdue/etc. than the 2006 and 2021 football teams were to Florida and Georgia, respectively. And those are two of the best football teams in Wake history.

We are significantly closer to winning a national championship in basketball. We were closer this year, despite not making the tournament, than any Wake football team because the gap in football is that big.

A decade from now the whole landscape will be very different.

This year's basketball team is a hell of lot closer to UConn/Houston/Purdue/etc. than the 2006 and 2021 football teams were to Florida and Georgia, respectively. And those are two of the best football teams in Wake history.

Yea, like come on guys. One sport has like 85 scholarships, the other what, 13? One awesome player—like, say, a home grown point guard from a few miles away—can make a basketball program an instant title contender. It’s the same 4-6 SEC and Big 10 teams vying for the football championship every year, and they have waves upon waves of 5 star linemen that would eat us over the course of an entire game.

Now, the fact that we’ve actually been more competitive over the past 10-15 years in football is more of an indictment of our basketball program than an honest reflection of the relative parity of the two sports. A basketball program with our facilities, NBA pedigree, and (at least until recently, conference affiliation) should never have been allowed to fall as far as it did.

Yea, like come on guys. One sport has like 85 scholarships, the other what, 13? One awesome player—like, say, a home grown point guard from a few miles away—can make a basketball program an instant title contender. It’s the same 4-6 SEC and Big 10 teams vying for the football championship every year, and they have waves upon waves of 5 star linemen that would eat us over the course of an entire game.

Now, the fact that we’ve actually been more competitive over the past 10-15 years in football is more of an indictment of our basketball program than an honest reflection of the relative parity of the two sports. A basketball program with our facilities, NBA pedigree, and (at least until recently, conference affiliation) should never have been allowed to fall as far as it did.
The only issue is does it even matter in basketball anymore. It doesn't drive the big bucks and college basketball is no longer the place where all the best players go to play a year or more before going to the NBA.

The only issue is does it even matter in basketball anymore. It doesn't drive the big bucks and college basketball is no longer the place where all the best players go to play a year or more before going to the NBA.
Can’t disagree with any of this.

Back