• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

College Basketball is an absolute mess! Why the federal government can’t step in and fix this mess is inconceivable. It’s not even fun to rout for Wake anymore because you don’t get to grow with a team. These players constantly coming and going because their ego think the grass is greener somewhere else. Fuck all these money grabbing kids that don’t give a fuck about a quality education. They are going to look back and say damn, I should have graduated from Wake but now I can’t play in the league and work the graveyard shift at Walmart!

247 board must be absolutely hysterical (more than usual). Everyone over there insisted Marsh was the 2nd coming of Wilt.

I also like the one guy over there who constantly talks about how Aaron Clark changed the game against Charleston Southern or some other pissant team we played early in the season. They must be in absolute shambles.

Is this the moment where the feels fall off? Because it sure feels like this is the moment where the wheels are falling off the Forbes Express.
One could be forgiven for feeling like we just fired Dino and are about to get [Redacted]-ed… just at point guard

College Basketball is an absolute mess! Why the federal government can’t step in and fix this mess is inconceivable. It’s not even fun to rout for Wake anymore because you don’t get to grow with a team. These players constantly coming and going because their ego think the grass is greener somewhere else. Fuck all these money grabbing kids that don’t give a fuck about a quality education. They are going to look back and say damn, I should have graduated from Wake but now I can’t play in the league and work the graveyard shift at Walmart!
Parody?

For everyone who have been down on Forbes (including myself), we are about to learn the true value or loss about having him continue at Wake! I feel optimistic with his aptitude, charm, charisma and marketing ability he has a plan in place. Whether he is able to execute his plan will be a huge topic of conversation going forward.

re: Sallis. There's a chance. He and his agent love Wake. Parents do too. Needs a guarantee from the NBA. He will be either at Wake or in the NBA next season.

Hunter's connections help as well. Even if he's not in Winston-Salem next year, there's a real chance the Sallis connection is still helping WF.
oprah-winfrey-there-you-have-it.gif

Was late on the boards today and had to go back 12 pages to catch up as I had read about Boopie and Marsh on Demon Deacon Digest. I enjoyed watching the Boop perform. He did have difficulties against larger competition but given another year I feel we would have seen improvement. It was posted earlier that Boopie is leaving for the $$$. Cannot fault him there as his ceiling is probably limited outside of college. If he is able to secure a seven figure deal with another program I only wish him the best.

Not ideal. I like Boopie, but he struggled for the most part in conference play. Would've been perfect as a microwave off the bench. Hopefully it works out for both sides.

man... ncaa is a mess though, basically paying players all on one year deals

Don’t think we have as a society fully recognized how insane the current set-up is.

It is currently up to the fans to raise money to pay players’ salaries, even though we aren’t team owners and don’t receive any financial benefit from the players’ work. Fans only get bragging rights. The schools sign the $1 billion deal with ESPN, they get the revenue from ticket sales, merch sales, etc., but they don’t pay the players.

Sorry, but that is completely nuts. Not sure how long it will be this way, I’m guessing it will be relatively short lived and we’ll look back at this time as a period where everything was very stupid.

Back