• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

what is the two sentence rundown on Clark's time at Wake?

just simply not good enough?

is this really a thing or an old wives tale? he probably played just as many games in HS last year and had way more PT. he's only 19 or something how worn down can he be?
I'm not sure. But, his training/practice regimen was probably much more intense that what he did in high school.

Didn't even know that guy was on the roster last season. Maybe a good sign that Salis is coming back?
Guess you didn’t watch Sunday….probably played 15 minutes or more in absence of Sallis. But was quite some time since the previous sighting I believe.

U.S. HS recruits under Forbes:

4 star Carter Whitt -- transfer after 1.5 seasons
3 star Lucas Taylor -- transfer after 2 seasons
3 start Robert McCrary -- transfer after 1 season and 1 RS season
4 star Zach Keller -- 2 seasons; future TBD
3 star Aaron Clark -- transfer after 1 season
4 star Parker Friedrichsen -- 1 season

Have hopes for Parker and Juke, but man, that is a rough HS recruiting record through 3.5 seasons. After Parker, I guess Carter Whitt has been the most successful U.S. HS recruit under Forbes...
under the current environment, alot of transfers from alot of teams unfortunately make it difficult for freshmen. think you can always use a guy like Parker who can shoot and plays smart. Wish we could have seen some of these freshmen that are leaving. Kind of sucks.

It does kind of suck to have all the transfers, but the environment is just different now with the portal and immediate eligiblity. Freshman and Sophomores that don't play are likely to transfer to places where they can get more playing time, especially if they are blocked (or likely to be blocked) by other players in front of them. Seems hard to believe that Clark would get more playing time next year wjth Cam and Boopie seemingly ready to return, Sallis possibly returning, and Juke on the way. Forbes does need to find more instant impact high school recruits, whether that is from the US or overseas. Seems like we should be able to find recruits that have a similar impact to Carrington at Pitt or Burton at ND from time to time.

Hildreth was really really good before his wrist injury.
If he comes back 100%from his injury, he should be in the ACC Player of the year conversation. Three level scorer. Excellent free throw shooter.
Tough defender. Dam mates.ecent or better ball handler. Above average rebounder as a wing. Could improve sense of when to go "hero ball" and be playmaker for team mates.

It does kind of suck to have all the transfers, but the environment is just different now with the portal and immediate eligiblity. Freshman and Sophomores that don't play are likely to transfer to places where they can get more playing time, especially if they are blocked (or likely to be blocked) by other players in front of them. Seems hard to believe that Clark would get more playing time next year wjth Cam and Boopie seemingly ready to return, Sallis possibly returning, and Juke on the way. Forbes does need to find more instant impact high school recruits, whether that is from the US or overseas. Seems like we should be able to find recruits that have a similar impact to Carrington at Pitt or Burton at ND from time to time.

I saw Carrington in the second round of a mock draft today.

Yeah
U.S. HS recruits under Forbes:

4 star Carter Whitt -- transfer after 1.5 seasons
3 star Lucas Taylor -- transfer after 2 seasons
3 start Robert McCrary -- transfer after 1 season and 1 RS season
4 star Zach Keller -- 2 seasons; future TBD
3 star Aaron Clark -- transfer after 1 season
4 star Parker Friedrichsen -- 1 season

Have hopes for Parker and Juke, but man, that is a rough HS recruiting record through 3.5 seasons. After Parker, I guess Carter Whitt has been the most successful U.S. HS recruit under Forbes...
Yeah, not sure why people are liking a post about Aaron Clark transferring. This is another peg in an abysmal record for Forbes, particularly when we're concerned about depth.

I've posted it before but Forbes has had 1 guy come in as a freshman that is a solid regular contributor, Cam.

Forbes' entire success right now is basically finding one transfer that is able to blow up for a single year. Feels a little like roulette.

Back