• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Yeah

Yeah, not sure why people are liking a post about Aaron Clark transferring. This is another peg in an abysmal record for Forbes, particularly when we're concerned about depth.

I've posted it before but Forbes has had 1 guy come in as a freshman that is a solid regular contributor, Cam.

Forbes' entire success right now is basically finding one transfer that is able to blow up for a single year. Feels a little like roulette.
Bobi Klintman was a solid regular contributor as a freshman

Bobi played 48% of available minutes vs the ACC as a freshman.

John Collins played 34% of available minutes vs the ACC as a freshman.

BHH would be a great pairing with Carr, as they have complementary skillsets. (He has the bulk that Carr does not.) Seemed like we had an inside track with him for a while, but I have no idea if the grades are problematic or not, or how he would feel about joining the team if Carr was a given to come back.

Did you say anything about keeping him in your post ?

Or did you just say that Cam was the only recruit who was a solid regular contributor as a freshman ?
I was saying that right now, Forbes has one guy he recruited that came in as a freshman (not a transfer) and is a regular contributor.

I wasn't talking about whether they contributed as a freshman.

I was saying that right now, Forbes has one guy he recruited that came in as a freshman (not a transfer) and is a regular contributor.

I wasn't talking about whether they contributed as a freshman.
Ok. I don’t care whether he gets transfers, US high school recruits, international kids, whatever. I think the parsing out of sourcing of talent is pretty silly, but it’s the kind of shot that happens when you don’t make the tournament.

Keats has a rotation with zero recruits in his top 7. Nobody cares.

Was looking forward to seeing more of Clark. Disappointing…yes, Forbes does not have a good track record for HS recruits. Needs to do better..and recruit BiG MEN!

Ok. I don’t care whether he gets transfers, US high school recruits, international kids, whatever. I think the parsing out of sourcing of talent is pretty silly, but it’s the kind of shot that happens when you don’t make the tournament.

Keats has a rotation with zero recruits in his top 7. Nobody cares.
They did until he went on a miracle run at the end of the season.

And the knock on Forbes is that he has no depth. And then you look and see all of the players he's recruited as freshman have transferred. So yeah...

Forbes should have made Bobi ride the bench like Manning did to Collins. Would have had more depth this past season.

Should have also told his team captain and the best pure shooter to ever wear a WF jersey not to get hurt multiple years in a row.

Good to hear, thought I had read something about academics being a barrier.
He has played three college seasons. So he would not be eligible at Wake unless he graduates in May, and would arrive as a grad student.

He has played three college seasons. So he would not be eligible at Wake unless he graduates in May, and would arrive as a grad student.
To clarify - he would be eligible, just unlikely to graduate with his wake degree next spring since he needs 60 hours from Wake.

To clarify - he would be eligible, just unlikely to graduate with his wake degree next spring since he needs 60 hours from Wake.
He is unlikely to be eligible, as Wake would not accept enough credits to have him classified as an academic senior in fall 2024. Wake would likely accept only 60 transfer credits. He would need 90 to be an academic senior (one year of classes needed to graduate) to match his athletic status ( one year of eligibility remaining.) That would make him academically ineligible per NCAA requirements.

He is unlikely to be eligible, as Wake would not accept enough credits to have him classified as an academic senior in fall 2024. Wake would likely accept only 60 transfer credits. He would need 90 to be an academic senior (one year of classes needed to graduate) to match his athletic status ( one year of eligibility remaining.) That would make him academically ineligible per NCAA requirements.
That make sense as well. I didn't think that there would be an issue with his GPA.

Ah, i see. I thought the credits were just a graduating in time problem, didn’t realize it actually affected eligibility

That make sense as well. I didn't think that there would be an issue with his GPA.
GPA I have no clue about. What is certain is that Wake accepts a maximum of 60 transfer credits, but requires 90 acceptable credits to be a senior and 60 credits from Wake to graduate. Those are the academic issues.

Wake cannot bring in guys to be academic seniors upon arrival. And junior college credits don't count at Wake.

Ah, i see. I thought the credits were just a graduating in time problem, didn’t realize it actually affected eligibility
NCAA rules require student-athletes to maintain academic progress. The years of academic progress cannot be less than the years of athletic eligibility used.

Back