• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Hard to get underclassmen in.
Guys who arrive at Wake as underclassmen with 2 or more years of eligibility are not that hard to get into Wake.
Underclass guys with only one year of eligibility are effectively ineligible at Wake. Anybody transferring to Wake with one year of eligibility needs to have diploma in hand upon arrival.

Not sure I get the point of reading a scoop on another board and then coming here to have a coded conversation that only half the people posting can understand, but ok
Sure, but this is the portal thread.

And this stuff only stays quiet for an hour or two. I just don't want to be that guy.

Tea leaves from these posts (no info) makes me assume Boopie.
Yeah, that's where my guess was too reading these posts. Order of most to least shocking to me would be Cam, Reid, Boopie, Carr out of the big 4 that we are hoping to have next year.

PFred would be completely out of left field and upsetting too

Yeah, that's where my guess was too reading these posts. Order of most to least shocking to me would be Cam, Reid, Boopie, Carr out of the big 4 that we are hoping to have next year.

PFred would be completely out of left field and upsetting too
Switch Carr and Boopie and that’s my list too. I

I can see someone reaching out to Boopie with a lot of NIL. I can also see Forbes having a discussion with him and talking about bringing in another point guard for next year. When Boopie transferred in, he made a big point of saying that Forbes was handing him the keys to the offense. I can see him feeling recruited over and trying to go somewhere where he would be undoubtedly the man.

Switch Carr and Boopie and that’s my list too. I

I can see someone reaching out to Boopie with a lot of NIL. I can also see Forbes having a discussion with him and talking about bringing in another point guard for next year. When Boopie transferred in, he made a big point of saying that Forbes was handing him the keys to the offense. I can see him feeling recruited over and trying to go somewhere where he would be undoubtedly the man.
The game is the game.

VT lost their whole starting lineup. Recalibrate your expectations.

I mean I understand that’s the landscape now. But the optimistic narrative after the end of season collapse was that this would be the best returning core we’ve had under Forbes. That may still end up being the case but losing one of the four above mentioned guys would be a big hit. And if it is Boopie that’s a guy with multiple years of eligibility too.

I mean I understand that’s the landscape now. But the optimistic narrative after the end of season collapse was that this would be the best returning core we’ve had under Forbes. That may still end up being the case but losing one of the four above mentioned guys would be a big hit. And if it is Boopie that’s a guy with multiple years of eligibility too.
It still could be the best returning core with a departure or two.

if boopie would be a blocker (either due to limited NIL resources, his spot in the lineup, or potential chemistry concerns) to getting a lead guard in the portal, i think we'll be better off taking our chances in the portal imo.

i posted earlier that i thought we had a great supporting cast returning, but imo that is centered on carr, reid, hildreth and pfred more than boopie.

it's on twitter now. woof i was more glass half full on Boop than most. though agree shoot first PG can be challenging at times.

Back