• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Welp, PG was already arguably a need in the portal, now it’s a must

I understand Forbes track record in the portal is awesome, but the odds of us getting two guys as good (or better) than BOTH Sallis and Boopie has gotta be pretty small.

I don’t even want to hear any of you suggesting that Forbes pushed him out for a better PG, because that’s ridiculous

i am curious for a guy like Boop what his "upside case" is to leave? hard to see a true "top tier" team going after him, and if he did go no guarantee on PT. seems like wake has a good fit as P5 team where he was getting lots of run against good competition.

I really want to know what Forbes is telling these guys before they decide to transfer.

I don't think I even want to be a fan of Wake hoops like this. Enjoy rolling the dice for next year.

Man fuck this shit. It's not so much the quality of the player leaving that bothers me...it's that anyone we have who has 1 good year is seemingly always on their way out the door immediately after.
Hope you enjoyed Duncan's senior year, since this is the Dark Lord claiming his end of the deal for the rest of eternity.

i am curious for a guy like Boop what his "upside case" is to leave? hard to see a true "top tier" team going after him, and if he did go no guarantee on PT. seems like wake has a good fit as P5 team where he was getting lots of run against good competition.
I have no insider info, but I would imagine the list of concerns is something like

1. NIL
2. NIL
3. NIL

I’m sure he’s already received some overtures. That’s the way it works.

it's on twitter now. woof i was more glass half full on Boop than most. though agree shoot first PG can be challenging at times.

He’s small and turned the ball over too much but his first year line in the ACC was 15.6 points, 3.5 assists, 2.8 rebounds on 46% FG and 37% from 3. And he has two years of remaining eligibility. Anyone who doesn’t see a player with that profile as an extremely valuable piece is crazy.

Almost certainly a $$$ issue
Probably. Also reasonable to have a post season evaluation that’s honest about the need to bring in competition for the position, the focus on defensive improvement, and the need to cut down on turnovers. When you’re being recruiting (aka tampered with) the evaluation is almost certainly more rosy.

Back