• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Work Blocking

OliveGardenDeac

Reaction score
So I have heard a few people have been blocked at work. I'm actively working to fix this. It would be helpful if you guys could provide me of any further information like the error code, error message, specific work filter, etc.

Thanks

I'm going to "sticky" this to make sure people see it tonight when they get home from work.

It's got to be just because most workplaces filter anything with VBulletin software if they are trying to keep people off forums.

I think the only fix you may find for some is just to use a proxy of some sort.

It's got to be just because most workplaces filter anything with VBulletin software if they are trying to keep people off forums.

This is what I assume the issue is. Proxy is probably the only way around it.

This may be the case, but before we jump to that unfortunate conclusion it would definitely help to see the specific error messages and whatnot.

Sometimes the filters block newly registered domain names... especially ones created 30 days or before.. sometimes 6 months or before.

Sometimes the filters block newly registered domain names... especially ones created 30 days or before.. sometimes 6 months or before.

Ohh. This is good. Hopefully this will be the source of most of the problems.

I did not try to see if this somehow became unblocked today work, but they blocked ESPN.com for the first time today.

At least there is more than one sports site. :)

my work blocks it using the justification of "potentially harmful content."

somehow they think this site has viruses, i guess.

FWIW this is now working at my work, when it didn't a couple of weeks ago.

Back