• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crystal Gail Mangum Killed Someone.

jhmd2000

Unacceptably correct
Reaction score
I hope all of her apologists are ready to own this one, b/c it is on each of you.

I hope all of her apologists are ready to own this one, b/c it is on each of you.

Apologists? Explain. She's was and is mentally ill. Her life has been an ongoing tragedy from early childhood. The Duke players and their families understood this, which is why they urged the state not to press any charges against her over the false rape charges.

You want a villain? It's Nifong.

You seem to be inferring that her large group of apologists have kept her out of legal trouble in the past and/or enabled her.

Since she doesn't have but a couple of nuts in Durham apologizing for her and nobody takes them seriously, I disagree with your contention.

Very sad.

With what I know of her history...why would anyone become her boyfriend?

I guess there really is (or was, in this case :() someone for everyone.

IIRC, the cops were out to their place not long before the stabbing due to a reported loud argument. Presumably they didn't have cause at that time to arrest or detain anyone. After they left...

Law enforcement must be a hell of a job.

Please list said apologists. And just sbecause somebody came down hard on the Duke Lax team at the beginning fo the scandal, that doesn't make them a Mangum apologist.

I think he is referring to Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, the NC NAACP who banged pots and pans, and of course the Duke 88 who published the open letter against the Lacrosse team.

But yeah, I don't see why they have to eat crow now. They already did that when the charges were deemed false and Nifong got disbarred.

That race-baiting c-unit deserves everything that's coming her way.

That's heavy stuff jmhd.

Link1: list of the 88 from a 2006 messag goard which obviously doesn't meet the qualifier of coming down on the team at the beginning of the scandal
Link 2: obvious fringe lunatics
Link 3: an article about a few fringe lunatics

Were you hoping that her boyfriend died so you could post this?

Piece in the W-SJ about this today. The printed title was, "For Duke accuser, life hits new low".

I thought the printed title and the article come off in part as at least a little sympathetic towards her. Also, the article does reference her "supporters", at least one by name.

Oh, I think the whole story, or what I know of it, is just sad and awful. Perhaps she is indeed a victim of poor circumstances or other people's evil actions (?). But she seems to have created her own long list of victims. One that is now dead...:(

That's heavy stuff jmhd.

Link1: list of the 88 from a 2006 messag goard which obviously doesn't meet the qualifier of coming down on the team at the beginning of the scandal
Link 2: obvious fringe lunatics
Link 3: an article about a few fringe lunatics

Were you hoping that her boyfriend died so you could post this?

Link 1: Those individuals signed a guilt-presuming advertisement that ran in the Dook student newspaper during the height of the hysteria and prior to the charging of the three accused innocent people. It would be harder to imagine a greater example of coming down harder on the team if one tried. Well, at least if one tried when one wasn't drinking, eh "messag goard" reader?

Back