• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Interesting analysis

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
I don't know who said it because I was listening to the radio in my car, but something he said seemed interesting. The gist was that Obama is viewed as a bad president, but good candidate and that his speech at GW was the beginning of his campaign.

Sarge, I think both points of this analysis need to be softened a bit. Obama was a very good candidate in 2008. He made no serious mistakes. But he ran at a very favorable time for a Democrat and his opposition was weak. Perhaps we'll see how he will do under different circumstances.

As president he has delivered on some difficult campaign promises: national health care and he is removing the troops from Iraq. One could argue these were poor policies but that's what he promised and that's what the majority voted for. So, it's hard to say that in doing what he had promised, he was a bad president, unless you simply object to the specific policies.

sailor he also promised to change banking laws and did. He promised to end DADT and did. He promised to implement Lily Lebetter and did. He promised to expand CHIPS and did.

He wasn't able to close GITMO. But no one bats 1.000.

As you said, you may not like the policies but he has done a great deal of what the public voted for him to do.

I don't know who said it because I was listening to the radio in my car, but something he said seemed interesting. The gist was that Obama is viewed as a bad president, but good candidate and that his speech at GW was the beginning of his campaign.

I can only imagine who it was that "said this while you listened in your car." No doubt, someone completely apolitical and unbiased...:D

Back