• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari

DeaconKing

Reaction score
This is probably old news to most but Ari will not be with the Wake program next year. This isn't totally his doing, as its been made clear to him that he should explore his options. Your guess is as good as mine as to where he'll go next year, but a SEC school or Conference USA seems likely at this point.

Remember Ari only ended up at Wake because of last minute family obligations, he'd have preferred Oregon or Xavier in that order. Hes expressed multiple times online and off how out of place he feels at Wake, especally since Tony and Farouq left. Also the academic reason given for the ACC tourney was definitely exagerated, it was spring break after all. Lets just say he and Coach [Redacted] never saw eye to eye.

Interesting. Georgia, maybe? What about Central Florida and South Florida, aren't those CUSA schools? UAB might make sense, too

To expound on this. The entire season Ari and Coach [Redacted] never got along. They were always butting heads in practice and even during games. Ari seems to want to leave and Coach [Redacted] is more than happy to see him go.

The academic reason was given mainly to save face for Ari since he fell out with the head coach so deeply. Remember that Coach decided to play a walk on over him in the final regular season game. The writing was on the wall then for those close to the program.

I wish Ari well with wherever his path leads to.

This is really disappointing to me. I loved Ari last year. It is a shame that it had to come to this.

I'll miss you Ari :h34rt:

This is really disappointing to me. I loved Ari last year. It is a shame that it had to come to this.

I'll miss you Ari :h34rt:

Me, too. I'm concerned that lost in the turnover that was this year will be some of his late game heroics last year - Ish's game-winning shot against Texas never happens unless Ari nails a three from the corner the possession before. Dude has ice water in his veins.

For his sake, at least he won't to play for an uninspiring turd of a coach anymore. He will probably blow up wherever he goes!

A very sad day for me, I've seen players go for every reason imaginable, but this just hurts. Not to say it feels wrong, but I genuinely liked the kid and really loved watching him play. Best of luck to you Ari, wherever you choose to call home.

He never seemed happy on the court this year. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

[Redacted] has a history of running off players...will Ari be the only one leaving?

Almost forget about Tabb, however there is a lot of speculation that he may get another shot next year...

Tabb is more likely to stay. I would say he is 50/50 at the moment. He was doing everything the coaches asked of him at the end of the season. Gun to my head...I'd guess he will be gone as well.

I'm going to miss Ari, but can't quite criticize Bzz for this. If a player and his new coach don't see eye to eye, it's inevitable that a departure will happen. We saw the same thing happen with Bennett at UVA last year iirc.

He just never turned into the player I thought he could be for us this year. His shot declined pretty severely and his handle just never improved like it needed to. Wish him well wherever he ends up though.

I don't think we'll lose anyone else besides maybe Tabb. AFAIK that one is still up in the air though.

I'm going to miss Ari, but can't quite criticize Bzz for this. If a player and his new coach don't see eye to eye, it's inevitable that a departure will happen. We saw the same thing happen with Bennett at UVA last year iirc.

He just never turned into the player I thought he could be for us this year. His shot declined pretty severely and his handle just never improved like it needed to. Wish him well wherever he ends up though.

I don't think we'll lose anyone else besides maybe Tabb. AFAIK that one is still up in the air though.

It makes me wonder how different things would be if we had a different head coach. C'est la vie..

I don't blame Buzz for Ari leaving. As cookout said sometimes coaches and players don't see eye to eye, and this is more likely when a new coach comes in.

I have far more criticisms of Buzz than this. Still sucks that a talented player like Ari just couldn't get motivated for this season and is now likely leaving.

If [Redacted] didn't have a history of running off players I wouldn't be as concerned about Ari not working out and would chalk it up to that's one of those things that happens when you change coaches....Plus, I thought one reason for Battle, Larue, and Corbean to stay on board was to help players deal with the transition...

Man, what I would give to know what Coach Battle thinks about everything that has gone down and how things are going....

For his sake, at least he won't to play for an uninspiring turd of a coach anymore. He will probably blow up wherever he goes!

I bet you're right, that he will be a big contributor wherever he ends up. Best of luck to him.

If [Redacted] didn't have a history of running off players I wouldn't be as concerned about Ari not working out and would chalk it up to that's one of those things that happens when you change coaches....Plus, I thought one reason for Battle, Larue, and Corbean to stay on board was to help players deal with the transition...

Man, what I would give to know what Coach Battle thinks about everything that has gone down and how things are going....

my guess?

sad-panda.jpg

Back