• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

45% of Republicans are birthers

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
From a poll from CBS/NYT Today:
A plurality of Republicans believes that President Obama was not born in the United States, according to a new poll released Thursday.

Forty-five percent of registered Republicans think Obama was born outside the U.S., 33 percent believe he was born in the U.S. and 22 percent don’t know, per the results of a CBS News/New York Times survey. "

Only 1/3 of Republicans surveyed said Obama was born in America. WOW!

Ah the story that the media keeps focusing on to try to distract from the piling debt and economic stagnation.

Why don't you go talk to the "Trig truthers" out there that claim Trip Palin was Bristol's son and not Sarah's.

Didn't you do this same thread on the old board?

From a poll from CBS/NYT Today:
A plurality of Republicans believes that President Obama was not born in the United States, according to a new poll released Thursday.

Forty-five percent of registered Republicans think Obama was born outside the U.S., 33 percent believe he was born in the U.S. and 22 percent don’t know, per the results of a CBS News/New York Times survey. "

Only 1/3 of Republicans surveyed said Obama was born in America. WOW!

If he was born here, then why doesn't he show his birth certificate? Is he ashamed to be an American or is he NOT an American?

2 points.

First, rj does this to distract from the current train wreck. You'll notice that most of these polls and stroies come from those on the left.

Second, when you ask for your birth certificate in Hawaii, they give you a "Certificate of live birth," not the original. This is the accepted document from that state. This is merely a semantic argument. Hawaii's "Certificate of live birth," is their official release document, given for purposes of establishing identity, citizenship, right to a driver's license and passport.

mfd, you are correct but

1. rj is actually helping the cause because we will force Hussein to provide us with a comp of the actual original birth certificate. The story will not die.
2. you are correct, but it is not semantics. The Governor Abercrombie of Hawaii is shielding the world from the truth.

2 points.

First, rj does this to distract from the current train wreck. You'll notice that most of these polls and stroies come from those on the left.

Second, when you ask for your birth certificate in Hawaii, they give you a "Certificate of live birth," not the original. This is the accepted document from that state. This is merely a semantic argument. Hawaii's "Certificate of live birth," is their official release document, given for purposes of establishing identity, citizenship, right to a driver's license and passport.

I'll give you that. So then why do a near majority of Republicans believe Obama wasn't born in the US?

If multiple sources come up with very close to the same answer, it is most likely true.

First, this poll only identifies R's, and not the R leaners who claim to be independents and almost always vote R. Second, unlike other polls, a respondent who dislikes Obama has a protest level. Third, there really are about 25 percent who believe in some consipiracy thanks to Beck et al. The same number who believe 9/11 was an inside job.

Anyone who believes this would never vote D anyway. This has no impact on elections, except to distract from real issues. This issue is driven from the left, not the right, and is only kept alive by a disingenuous political campaign to avoid uncomfortable facts. Even Trump has asked people to stop asking him about it, and he's about as far gone bizarre on this issue as anyone.

We went through this on the old board. If you want to argue for the accuracy of a poll like this, then you'll also be arguing for the accuracy of polls that showed that a majority of Dems thought Bush may have had a role in 9/11. In your very best case scenario (ie, you win that all of this and all the 9/11 polling is accurate), everyone on both sides is retarded.

There was one poll, one time about W. It didn't happen all the time like this. But I understand your reasoning and trying to shift the discussion.

Trump hasn't made this his main issue because it has no traction. If you don't think he tested this before saying it, you are being naive.

I was actually just looking through some of those old polls about 9/11 being an inside job. It reminded me of the South Park episode where the boys discover that about 25% of the population is just retarded and will believe anything.

There was one poll, one time about W. It didn't happen all the time like this. But I understand your reasoning and trying to shift the discussion.

Oh really?

And ftr, I'm saying those polls are also flawed. Negative responses to Bush/Obama are incorrectly scored as positive results to a dumb question in a poll. People want to believe every bad thing about people they hate even if they don't REALLY believe it. But again, even if you win that half of Republicans are retarded, then at least the same number of Dems are too.

Last edited:
Trump issued an editorial in USAToday on Thursday saying he doesn't want to keep focusing on this issue.

I don't take him seriously (he'll drop out likely before having to disclose financials, but after Celebrety Apprentice closes in May).

Rj's left daily talking points, however, tell him to focus on this instead of the piss poor job his folks have done.

He was born in Hawaii! Since when is that America?

j/k obviously. This poll is bullshit. Just an excuse to label the GOP as a bunch of morons.

Political extremists are retarded, right or left. It makes me mad that federal and state employed politicians are spending any time and effort on an "issue" that's more stupid and less relevant than steroid use in professional baseball.

Back