• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlas Shrugged

dirtydeac

Reaction score
Anyone seen this yet?

As reported by Box Office Mojo, the #1 movie in per-screen dollars was the smash ‘Rio’, averaging an impressive $10,252 per screen. ‘Atlas Shrugged’ finished 14th in overall revenue, but managed to generate $5640 per screen, making it the second-highest in overall productivity. And after the weekend, the movie is still generating a healthy $450 per screen, the second highest, daily per screen averages.

7% on Rotten Tomatoes. This is what happens when you try to adapt a terrible book to the big screen. You get a terrible movie.

Loved the book. Plot was novel and had a real message. Rand, however, was not exactly Ms. 3-Dimensional with her characters and had some bizarre ideas about relationships.

Will see the movie, understanding said limitations.

Rand's books are the only ones I've read since college and it pains me to see everything in them coming true today because of this administration. I'm sure the move will be great if it stays true to the masterpiece.

Rand's books are the only ones I've read since college and it pains me to see everything in them coming true today because of this administration. I'm sure the move will be great if it stays true to the masterpiece.

Yeah I know that previous administration sure had things going in the right direction also.

So we've had what 11 years of bad rule? When is someone going to be President that is worth a crap?

Read the Fountainhead last summer, prob gonna just watch this movie instead of reading AS.

This movie is only part 1 of supposedly 3 so you're better off reading the book.

I'm reading it now. Disappointed Angelina Jolie wasn't in it. To my knowledge, she is a member of the Ayn Rand society.

I can get on board with some of what she said. The best part of the book was the dynamic between Rearden and his family. His wife was probably the best character in the book.

The only problem (and it is a big one) is that she is simply a terrible, terrible writer. She should have stuck to non-fiction. The characters are all completely flat, it is impossible to sympathize with any of them (even the protagonists), and the plot drags on forever. Everything is black and white, either you are an objectivist or a communist.

She builds up all this suspense, and it culminates in a strike. A strike? Seriously? Possibly the most anticlimactic ending of all time. The only way it could have been worse is if you couldn't see it coming from 800 pages away. Or maybe it wouldn't have. I don't know. All I know is that it was terrifyingly boring, and I can't imagine the movie would be any different.

Yeah I know that previous administration sure had things going in the right direction also.

So we've had what 11 years of bad rule? When is someone going to be President that is worth a crap?

Damn deacwatcher....hook line sinker

I saw it and thought it was okay, since I loved the book. Nothing about this is winning Oscars mind you. It feels a lot like a made for TV movie. Like the Tea Party Channel.

You must have gone to school after the Left Behind series came out.

Back