• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What do you think attendance will look like next bball season?

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
And if there is a large enough drop will it result in Bz leaving/being fired?

i dont think the drop of attendance would get him booted per se. the direct cause of the lack of fan support is what will get him tossed. Obviously Wellman didnt really care about it looking like a FCDS game.

It will not look good. We will need a serious recovery to put fans back in the seats. I'm not sure a mediocre season will bring in much more than we saw this year.

I really just do not care right now. At the beginning of the season, I was extremely excited to see how the new freshman would play, how the new coach would improve us, etc. etc. That is all gone now. I didn't even fill out a bracket for the first time in my life because I am simply drained of all my care about college bball.

Dramatic, I know, and it may change by the time next season rolls around. But I wouldn't buy a ticket if I had to right now.

I know of lots of people in my section that said they won't get their season tickets again. I'll still go for the players, but the Joel is going to be a morgue again.

Nobody is excited about this coach. Except for Ronny, of course.

I bet deep down Ron is regretting this hire. He is tied at the hip to Buzz so all he can do is try to salvage what he can. Hence the press conferences, open practice, and all of that jazz. I bet Buzz eventually finds an NBA job that "he can't refuse" and resigns. That's the best way out for Ron. That day can't come soon enough for me!

The joel will be empty. Venting eventually leads to apathy and I just don't care anymore about our Hoops program. Apathy is a dangerous thing for an AD.

Attendance will be worse than it was this year.

That's what I'm thinking. This team was not even competitive in most ACC games- and this year the ACC was the weakest I've probably ever seen it. Only the most devoted fans will pay to see another year of blowouts.

At the beginning of the season, I was extremely excited to see how the new freshman would play, how the new coach would improve us, etc. etc. That is all gone now. I didn't even fill out a bracket for the first time in my life because I am simply drained of all my care about college bball.
I hear ya. Same here. One of the things people said after the Stetson debacle was that what's important is how the team finished the season. Was anyone impressed with how this team looked in their final game? I didn't see the improvement a lot of folks were expecting.

Have you ever seen a Serie A game where they play "behind closed doors" because a fan got stabbed or something? It'll look something like that

My impression from many miles away is that the mood in the Joel was pretty bad last season even before Bz. Bz just made it worse and destroyed any joy that was left.

It's gonna take a lot to overcome this season and restore confidence and make people want to come back to the Joel and see this team.

I anticipate it being worse. I anticipate there being a large discount on season ticket prices in order to attempt to retain customers.

I know I'm not renewing. Not until significant changes are made. If that means [Redacted] is fired, good. If it means that against the odds, [Redacted] pulls the program in the right direction and can be competitive for a top spot in the league, good. Otherwise, I'll just scalp a few games a season, since with no one in the stands, I should be able to get tickets for cheap. I'll just have to walk farther without the parking pass.

My impression from many miles away is that the mood in the Joel was pretty bad last season even before Bz. Bz just made it worse and destroyed any joy that was left.

My personal experience is that the Joel was never as good as people seem to romanticize (2006-2010). It was acceptable for random home games, but only got really good at big games (if we didn't suck).

The Joel is just too big imo. I say that as a fan who has only lived while games have been at the Joel.

A 8-10k stadium would be perfect imo.

The Joel is a fine place to watch games. Sure, I'd prefer a nice new 8k-10k facility that would be packed every night, but I don't think that would be a wise use of university resources and I think the atmosphere in such an arena would be just as bad if the team is bad. I say that as someone who went to a game or two a week at Cameron in grad school. The building has charm, but if the teams weren't good, the building wouldn't help.

My personal experience is that the Joel was never as good as people seem to romanticize (2006-2010). It was acceptable for random home games, but only got really good at big games (if we didn't suck).

03-05 was legit. Went back for a couple games in 06, and it reminded me of 02 - only good for big games.

Besides not being able to spell, the OP is a credit to his community.

Back