• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The epitoome of governmental stupidity

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The feds spent over $270M to build a medium security prison in NH. Then in their supreme idiocy they cut the $27M needed to open and tun it for the next couple of years.

The $27M was part of the "budget deal".

Brilliant.

I've actually been dealing with an agency of the feds that is GREAT. I'm stunned that people as talented as they are stay there.

It's the Copyright and Trademark Office. They also do patents. They have saved me tens of thousands of dolalrs in legal fees over the years.

They know their shit and are extremely patient.

Is the prison needed? The $270 million is a sunk cost, can't get it back. But if the prison is not needed, than why sink another $27 million? (Of course, if it's not needed, spending the $270 million in the first place is a good example of government stupidity.)

US prison population seems to be going up not down.

US prison population seems to be going up not down.

NPR about a month or two ago had a show about how the prison population is going down and all these privately run prisons are going out of business because it's not profitable at the low occupancy rates they have now.

It's a federal institution not a for profit one.

Back